Something changed today...

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in discussions with my DN about my low BPs and High TCs...
and today, following discussions with one of the GPs in the practice I was informed I am now "In remission".
Don't feel any different... :)
Taking even slightly less Perindopril, was 8 mg, then 6 mg and now 4 mg..... less is good I' hoping...
and await a review about the TC's with said GP at my own leisure...

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic to see your GP has recognised you are in remission at long last - has he backdated it like mine did? Hopefully as your BP is now low you may be able to stop that particular medication?
Also good he has left the potential statins discussions to be at your leisure ..... could that mean not at all? He clearly isn't bothered about it, but has to tick a box somewhere.

Excellent review. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@hankjam - Well done.

I have to say, I always absolutely marvel how rock-solid, stable your A1cs have been. That's quite record.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. I am very pleased for you but I just wish my surgery would be open minded enough to accept it is possible to use life style to come out of diabetic range but presume they want the extra money if they count me as diabetic.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
and today, following discussions with one of the GPs in the practice I was informed I am now "In remission".
Taking even slightly less Perindopril, was 8 mg, then 6 mg and now 4 mg..... less is good I' hoping...
Congratulations it’s taken them 4 years to realise looking at your signature! Not surprised you don’t feel any different...... great news

Reactions: hankjam

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic to see your GP has recognised you are in remission at long last - has he backdated it like mine did? Hopefully as your BP is now low you may be able to stop that particular medication?
Also good he has left the potential statins discussions to be at your leisure ..... could that mean not at all? He clearly isn't bothered about it, but has to tick a box somewhere.

Excellent review. :)

Thanks @Bluetit1802
I think he might be bothered with it, hence getting asked to come in.... If he goes statins I'll probably say the last three didn't seem to agree with me and anyway before we go any further I would like a full lipid size profile to see what is what and then take it from there.
In order of priorities it's DB, BP and Lipids... would like to get the BP sorted as the "feeling faint" every now and again is not great...

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Bluetit1802
In order of priorities it's BD, BP and Lipids... would like to get the BP sorted as the "feeling faint" every now and again is not great...

I agree with your priorities, the reduction in BP meds should help. I got dizzy spells when I’d lost about 5 stone, so got my meds reduced. I only have the odd fleeting light headed episode if I stand up too quickly now :)

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Personally I would ignore high TC provided your Trigs are low, and HDL is normal. (Also ignore LDL)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Bluetit1802
I think he might be bothered with it, hence getting asked to come in.... If he goes statins I'll probably say the last three didn't seem to agree with me and anyway before we go any further I would like a full lipid size profile to see what is what and then take it from there.
In order of priorities it's BD, BP and Lipids... would like to get the BP sorted as the "feeling faint" every now and again is not great...

I agree completely with your thoughts.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Bluetit1802
In order of priorities it's DB, BP and Lipids... would like to get the BP sorted as the "feeling faint" every now and again is not great...
I'll second, third and fourth those..I wonder really how much the powers that be know about BP .. as I said on a another thread me poor old mum had been on BP lowering meds for many years. When she had a fall the hospital found that her BP was v low. I'm guessing white coat syndrome (like me) but rather than check it out it was quick write a script.. Anyway now she's off them and seems to have less giddy spells (no s**t Sherlock!). Brilliant news on your remission too. Well done you!

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll second, third and fourth those..I wonder really how much the powers that be know about BP .. as I said on a another thread me poor old mum had been on BP lowering meds for many years. When she had a fall the hospital found that her BP was v low. I'm guessing white coat syndrome (like me) but rather than check it out it was quick write a script.. Anyway now she's off them and seems to have less giddy spells (no s**t Sherlock!). Brilliant news on your remission too. Well done you!

I have a small device at home for measuring BP and don't use it as often as I might... yesterday I took it into surgery to do a side by side with their device.
I did four on theirs and then four on mine.
Overall mine gave slightly lower results.

I then went back to the surgeries one and, depending on where I placed my arm in the device I could get any number I wanted. At the back 95/59, at the front 108/77.

It's an Art not a Science and for a GP to take a one off reading with a "white coat" on makes it.....

Thank you for your good words and support.
Hj

Reactions: ringi

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My GP has agreed I have white coat syndrome. He will accept an average of seven daily readings taken at home leading up to any routine appt now.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What smashing news, very well done.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. I am very pleased for you but I just wish my surgery would be open minded enough to accept it is possible to use life style to come out of diabetic range but presume they want the extra money if they count me as diabetic.
I agree with you there - my hba1c has been in the mid 30s for the last 4 years but was told once a diabetic always a diabetic by my DN when I asked if I was in remission.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Fab-u-lous