Toilet troubles

fran57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, and cheats.
Hi all, I am following low cabs and drinking water I also include chia seeds in my meals, but having a bit of trouble going too the loo, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you. x

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I am following low cabs and drinking water I also include chia seeds in my meals, but having a bit of trouble going too the loo, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you. x
Chia seeds were problematic for me, causing painful bloating and aggrivating IBS. They're not for everyone. Sweetener could be a problem, if you've upped the intake of those. (Was constipated for 6 weeks solid because of those). Maybe add magnesium capsules, probiotics, sauerkraut?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More water! It’s hard to overestimate how much you’ll need. But don’t forget a bit of extra salt for electrolytes as a result.
Low carbs means there’s less in your body to hold on to the intake.

Also maybe psyllium husk or flaxseed instead or as well as chia.

Have you upped your fat accordingly? That too helps oil the way through as it were.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can you have green leafy veg?
My meals tend to have some leafy veg or cauliflower/ broccoli; seems to work well.

dipsydo

We are all different so what works for me may not work for you . Although I eat a lot of leafy veg which seems to make very little difference to me, however what I find is that the amount of water is important so need at least 1.5 litres and most usually two litres. I also will take couple of teaspoons of milled flax , either with water or sprinkled over food once a day.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try a stockcube in a mug of hat water 2 times a day as the issue may be low salt.

When we stop eating processed food our salt intake goes down, however our bodies need a little more salt on a low carb diet.