1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Toilet troubles

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by fran57, Oct 23, 2018.

1. fran57

fran57 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all, I am following low cabs and drinking water I also include chia seeds in my meals, but having a bit of trouble going too the loo, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated, thank you. x

2. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Chia seeds were problematic for me, causing painful bloating and aggrivating IBS. They're not for everyone. Sweetener could be a problem, if you've upped the intake of those. (Was constipated for 6 weeks solid because of those). Maybe add magnesium capsules, probiotics, sauerkraut?

3. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

More water! It’s hard to overestimate how much you’ll need. But don’t forget a bit of extra salt for electrolytes as a result.
    Low carbs means there’s less in your body to hold on to the intake.

Also maybe psyllium husk or flaxseed instead or as well as chia.

Have you upped your fat accordingly? That too helps oil the way through as it were.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Geordie_P

Geordie_P Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can you have green leafy veg?
    My meals tend to have some leafy veg or cauliflower/ broccoli; seems to work well.

5. dipsydo

dipsydo · Well-Known Member

We are all different so what works for me may not work for you . Although I eat a lot of leafy veg which seems to make very little difference to me, however what I find is that the amount of water is important so need at least 1.5 litres and most usually two litres. I also will take couple of teaspoons of milled flax , either with water or sprinkled over food once a day.

6. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Try a stockcube in a mug of hat water 2 times a day as the issue may be low salt.

When we stop eating processed food our salt intake goes down, however our bodies need a little more salt on a low carb diet.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook