Type 1'stars R Us

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Thrilling is easy to roll but just you try Thursday........its in the wrong place!:arghh:

Reactions: porl69

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Oh eck I've just gozzed on my keyboard!!!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well no alarms last night....Xdrip wouldn't connect for 13 hours!!!! grrrr. All sorted now thou, just cleared the cache and hey presto working perfect.
Woke to a nice 6 and etch-a-sketch was straight thru the night. Winner lol.... 6.5 now

Reactions: hh1
K

Knikki

Another over night bomb for me woke up at 2.4 and felt it ~sigh~

However breakfast smaller dose of insulin into work for a champions breakfast of Coffee and a Flake while listening to JahYu, new to me but the base is great.

As for Indian and Chinese have a look at that app called MyFitnessPal which has a pile of things related to takeaway meals which I'm starting to explore and is rather good for Carb Counting :)

On a side note have uninstalled xDrip as I was finding it too unreliable and now have Glimp installed so will give that a try, certainly a different interface and more things to learn but it works on both phone and watch so all OK so far.

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
On a side note have uninstalled xDrip as I was finding it too unreliable and now have Glimp installed so will give that a try, certainly a different interface and more things to learn but it works on both phone and watch so all OK so far.

I am finding the bluetooth connection issues with the MM terrible at the mo with Xdrip+. Loosing signal a lot. Will await what your findings with Glimp are :)

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Mel dCP, from reading and past experience of abscesses (cannot claim wizardly knowledge or powers)!!
I liken abscess formation to the body trying to wall off the infection from all sides and the tissue becomes swollen and feels quite firm. As the abscess is further constricted it reaches a stage where it softens at the point where the body is trying to eject it from deeper in towards the skin surface.. My doctor calls that the fluctuant point (words hide the less tasteful parts of the process). Trying to force the abscess or lance it before it reaches the required softness gives no or little result. It takes patience to wait it out. Unfortunately this 'under the skin war' is going to push up the BSLs !! If you read up on flucloxacillin, it is used for Staph infection but has no or only partial effect on affect other bugs. Thus the reason why an initial swab is often a good idea to see what the bug(s) are and what antibiotics are likely to work.
Repeated courses of flucloxacillin can cause liver upset. drugs.com - flucloxacillin.
If one is on antibiotics, swabs can still be taken if need be and the sample is treated so that other bugs will still grow even where say, flucloxacillin, has a partial effect. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!!!:grumpy::grumpy::meh::meh::):):):):)
That’s exactly what the vet described Bollo.. my cat as having. It was quite spectacular when it surfaced!

Relatively ok night last night, just one high alarm. Woke up at 7.2 and corrected, currently running at 6.6 - temperature was a smidge higher than normal for me, so keeping a weather eye on things.

Reactions: porl69 and Knikki

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I shall have to try the toe nail painting. Beats the idea of painting garden gnomes. Perhaps the fumes of the nail varnish create a stillness in the mind and distraction from the world yet enable one to keep enough focus to continue engaging in the meeting..
Oh and nail varnish is not good to use on the ripstop nylon of kites, (mucks up the plastic coating)!!
I allow a 20% increase in my basal rate to deal with meetings - and have a habit of getting up periodically to drink cups of coffee (which I also need to allow for in boluses) or water during the time to keep me awake and moving!! I also remind myself to breathe evenly as well as moving occasionally as both seem to stop me feeling stuck in thought (breathe holding when stressed or bored does the opposite). I really envy your 'at home' conferencing style @helensaramay !!!!!:):):).
That’s exactly what the vet described Bollo.. my cat as having. It was quite spectacular when it surfaced!

Relatively ok night last night, just one high alarm. Woke up at 7.2 and corrected, currently running at 6.6 - temperature was a smidge higher than normal for me, so keeping a weather eye on things.
Glad you are travelling OK - time is not of the essence, it is timing. Our body's have amazing defence systems, sometimes too good !!!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning all.

Woke up with post gym hypo (forgot to set my temp basal).
Which remind me - what do pumping gym goers do with their life source?

I ask because Pumpy and I are having regular falling outs at the gym.
I clip him to the top of my leggings (there aren't many other options).
He does well at the back when I am running - out of the way of my flailing arms.
But then has to move to the side when I do bench presses (and other lying down stuff) otherwise I lie on him.
The side is no good when I do bicep curls (and other arm weights) because I keep knocking him with the dumbbells so he gets moved to the front.
And then he has to move again when I do ab crunches to avoid him being ... crunched.

I tried clipping him to my top but it moves too much when I run and gets in the way with some weights.
I tried taking him off but my BG rose too much.

If I use a pump belt, I have the same problem of where to actual put the solid blighter. And get sweaty under the belt.

I'd like to do circuit training but I'd spend half my time moving Pumpy.
Depending on the length of time you train for @helensaramay is leaving the pump off for that time and for those activities a better option?

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Just about to start jet washing at work but thought, as I cant just pop indoors for food and tests because I will be wet through, I'd test now and brew.
and my brew is perfecto.....

I find jet washing, particularly when getting paid, quite therapeutic.

Tony

Reactions: kev-w

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I have tried that ... and my BG rises, especially during the weights.
? adrenaline based (also adrenaline ups glucagon release I learnt today) cause?
Does having a bolus pre-exercise help ? Does BSL go up if you wear the pump anyway?

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Morning all.

Woke up with post gym hypo (forgot to set my temp basal).
Which remind me - what do pumping gym goers do with their life source?

I ask because Pumpy and I are having regular falling outs at the gym.
I clip him to the top of my leggings (there aren't many other options).
He does well at the back when I am running - out of the way of my flailing arms.
But then has to move to the side when I do bench presses (and other lying down stuff) otherwise I lie on him.
The side is no good when I do bicep curls (and other arm weights) because I keep knocking him with the dumbbells so he gets moved to the front.
And then he has to move again when I do ab crunches to avoid him being ... crunched.

I tried clipping him to my top but it moves too much when I run and gets in the way with some weights.
I tried taking him off but my BG rose too much.

If I use a pump belt, I have the same problem of where to actual put the solid blighter. And get sweaty under the belt.

I'd like to do circuit training but I'd spend half my time moving Pumpy.

I'd just stop going to the gym if it was me...........what a lot of faffing with pumpy!

Having said that I don't go to the gym anyway as even the very thought of it brings me out in a rash!

I did try it once but nearly died of boredom.........

Tony

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a letter for a hospital appointment, for the end of January. I have to keep my blood sugars looking good for another three months, so that I can be statistically significant. I want to be in the 6.5% or below, so I show up on one of those Fraser Gibb graphs, the only way this can happen is by moving into a new "bucket", I was in the 7.5% or below one last time, just, so I have to move into the lower one, so I can say "look that's me".

Three whole months. The pressure, the pressure, can I keep it up?

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Another day of guess what my BG are going to be. Slightly high before going to bed last night, as it was the other night, around 10, but when I get up my BG is around 5.5. So much for my dawn phenomenon on Sunday and Monday

So past 2 days morning BG has been around 5.5. yesterday it stayed between that and 6.8 until bedtime. This morning 5.2 and 3 hours later its at 12.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Now dropped back to 9.3, WHYYYYYYYYYY

I have eaten same thing, porridge, taken same amount of insulin at same time and still done same thing, sat at a desk.

This visit to pump clinic on Tuesday cant come quick enough

Chris Bowsher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last time I had a Chinese was nearly 5 years ago, 3 days before I went to Gp to tell him I’d lost both my Mojo and a ton of weight and drank a bottle of water at the chemist before I had payed for it. (If someone had tried to stop me I would have murdered them, I was so thirsty.)
The Chinese was delicious, posh and extensive. I was violently ill during the night. Major sugar overload obviously! Haven’t dared have one since.

last time i had a Chinese, i think i ate enough for two people and ended up having to inject somewhere in the region of 50 units over 12 hours at get back into range. very tasty but bad for your health.

Reactions: hh1