Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 on waking and pretty straight through the night Whoop! Still waiting for my new half unit pen and Fiasp prescription. Rang GP and they haven’t received consultants letter yet. Boo!

In other news off on hols to Norfolk for 10 days. Super excited, need some walking on beaches and lots of relaxing reading to recharge batteries. Also lots of wine! Have been retired just over 3 years and seem to be busy all the time. At the end of hols going to help parents in Grimsby for a few days as mum has knee op next week. Then having lounge decorated. (First time never done the decorating ourselves. More whooping!) See what I mean, busy, busy, busy!

@Mel dCP visited the Wirral earlier in the year for a bird event at Parkside. What a beautiful area of the country.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
TGIF, good morning and wishing you all a happy Friday.
Awoke on a 2.4, before bed 6.7, there's nothing like the diabetes fairy waving her magic wand the wrong way, out of sync and having a bit of fun with our BS. My head feels as though @kev-w bus has hit me, pounding head this morning, ouch.............. but still, on wards and upwards, it is Friday after all :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
4.8 on waking and pretty straight through the night Whoop! Still waiting for my new half unit pen and Fiasp prescription. Rang GP and they haven’t received consultants letter yet. Boo!

In other news off on hols to Norfolk for 10 days. Super excited, need some walking on beaches and lots of relaxing reading to recharge batteries. Also lots of wine! Have been retired just over 3 years and seem to be busy all the time. At the end of hols going to help parents in Grimsby for a few days as mum has knee op next week. Then having lounge decorated. (First time never done the decorating ourselves. More whooping!) See what I mean, busy, busy, busy!

@Mel dCP visited the Wirral earlier in the year for a bird event at Parkside. What a beautiful area of the country.

Your holiday sounds lovely, have a wonderful relaxing time, pity we can't send our diabetes on a nice long vacation :D

Reactions: becca59 and kev-w

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 this morning, could be better but it could also have been worse, but it's Friday so yay!

Now who casually dropped in the conversation 'deep fried ice cream' ???! I've got to try this now, now as in NOW! (except I'm stuck at work...............:meh:)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 this morning, could be better but it could also have been worse, but it's Friday so yay!

Now who casually dropped in the conversation 'deep fried ice cream' ???! I've got to try this now, now as in NOW! (except I'm stuck at work...............:meh:)

Now where did I put that vomit icon?

(And I am a thoroughbred Scot!)

Reactions: porl69

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Now where did I put that vomit icon?

(And I am a thoroughbred Scot!)

I loved the line from Doctor Who when Matt Smith took over as the doctor...

(to a young girl who was making him food in her parents kitchen and he didn't know what he wanted)

"you're Scottish....fry something"

Genius and just to explain the writer and showrunner was Scottish........

Tony

Reactions: slip

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

A craving for ‘deep fried ice cream’ ........and a slight concern at a 7.7 this morning.
Bro, diabetes is the least of your problems.
Skip work, find an okie van near a chippy, get a 99 ( flake optional) and quick dash into chippy to whack it in the batter.:):)

Don’t come complaining about your rather delayed but nonetheless huge spike later.:woot:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Evening all, very dull day sorting out all my jewellery ready for a craft market in New Brighton at the weekend. As much as I love silversmithing myself, I’ve not been able to make a living at it, so am selling off my older stock and concentrating on the commission stuff I do, alongside a proper job (yet to be acquired). Would love to see what you’ve made, @Fairygodmother :)

No news on the abscess front either, just shoving the pills down (not up!) me. Looking forward to an eruption at the most inconvenient moment possible.

Off to the Wirral tomorrow via Oxford, so a lot of miles, about three hundred. Will be nice to spend a few days with my mum, so need to pack my medical kit bag before bed...

I’d love to show you what I’ve made Mel - I’ve tried all kinds of tinkering with the site and my phone but still can’t upload photos - argh.

Reactions: kitedoc and porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Whilst on the subject of vomit, who likes or did like Vimto?

I'd never put the two together but now I have and it's disturbing (doubt i'll drink the stuff again...)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Woke to a 10.7.....No alarms again off Xdrip as its not bleeding connecting. Going to take it off the Libre tonight, clean it all up and reattatch. May be a slight gap where I didn't clean the sticky sticky off it last time!
Stuck on a 9 at the moment.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well TGIF.......

Was sat up watching my CGM going north last night till about 12am doing corrections, woke this morning at 9.1 and now sat at 9.2, think I did a rogue cannula set change yesterday but at work and apart from more corrections there's not much I can do about it today :meh:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fridays always seem to be more insulin sensitive for me for some reason - I need to be vigilant on Fridays to avoid overdoing bolus and going hypo. I also usually need less to correct feet on the floor.

Ended last night at 10.1 despite correction for my underestimation of dinner and a short walk. Added another 1u and woke to a much better 6.6.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Evening all, very dull day sorting out all my jewellery ready for a craft market in New Brighton at the weekend. As much as I love silversmithing myself, I’ve not been able to make a living at it, so am selling off my older stock and concentrating on the commission stuff I do, alongside a proper job (yet to be acquired). Would love to see what you’ve made, @Fairygodmother :)
@Mel dCP If you get a chance go for a walk and feed the red squirrels in Formby, luv the little things. Another place I really like is Ness Botanic Gardens.... or visit my home town, Chester.
No news on the abscess front either, just shoving the pills down (not up!) me. Looking forward to an eruption at the most inconvenient moment possible.

Off to the Wirral tomorrow via Oxford, so a lot of miles, about three hundred. Will be nice to spend a few days with my mum, so need to pack my medical kit bag before bed...

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I suspect that the silversmith who ran yesterday’s course ensures they make a living by running courses alongside making their own work.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Well TGIF.......

Was sat up watching my CGM going north last night till about 12am doing corrections, woke this morning at 9.1 and now sat at 9.2, think I did a rogue cannula set change yesterday but at work and apart from more corrections there's not much I can do about it today :meh:
Pump accessory manufacturers need to build in a rogue cannula alert system!! High tech these days needs to up its game in detecting gremlins of all sorts.!

Last edited:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I got a letter for a hospital appointment, for the end of January. I have to keep my blood sugars looking good for another three months, so that I can be statistically significant. I want to be in the 6.5% or below, so I show up on one of those Fraser Gibb graphs, the only way this can happen is by moving into a new "bucket", I was in the 7.5% or below one last time, just, so I have to move into the lower one, so I can say "look that's me".

Three whole months. The pressure, the pressure, can I keep it up?
Hi @Alison54321, I worry for you, the lower the HBA1C without CGM and basal altering software for hypos etc the more risk of hypos !!! etc

Reactions: Alison54321

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Enjoy your hols becca x

Reactions: becca59

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Any chance of a photo?
It sounds like a pump belt (which I have tried) but find it gets sweaty. But I may be wrong.
All I can think of at present is a pump belt made of either cotton/terry towelling material which soaks up sweat or use of the material sold in sun protection garments which is designed to wick moisture away. I have a sun protection scarf in my view (signed out from Mrs Kitedoc) with the contact: 18Cooloz.com.au. Such material which could be fashioned with a sewing machine into such a belt. ###
The material is a bit stretchy so would need the ability to adjust it. I can post a scarf if you wish to try the material out and cannot source it in your hemisphere. ( I would find another such scarf to send and thus avoid being sent to the 7th level of Hell).
Of course there is other material made up into sports clothing (athletics, cycling, outdoors, hiking etc etc) which does this wicking thing (nothing wicked about it) but is too pricey to buy just to cut it up.
### personalcoolingproducts.com.au Fabrics powered by J Cool Technologies of Canada - made in China.
Size: 950 mm x 300 mm machine washable, UPF50+, chemical free, lightweight ,soft and compact, will not wet clothes etc.

Last edited: