What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DJC3 I did a month of OMAD but different to you I had a lot of fat for my body to munch through! So didn’t find it difficult at the time as I was losing the weight I needed to lose. I also carried on doing OMAD every few days for the next few months until I lost the weight I needed to lose. I still do IF but very limited I tend to mainly eat my three meals a day within a time window when I can with all my three meals eaten within 8 hours where possible and nothing between. But times like this when at mums not always possible just regard it as a general rule I aim for. I also find now that missing a meal now is very difficult for me but now my bmi is 19 not so much internal fat to munch! Maybe as you don’t need to lose weight you just need to do like me now I’m thin and eat more generously but in a restricted time window?

Thanks @shelley262 It’s certainly more appealing than deliberately skipping meals, and it’s good to have a bit of flexibility otherwise one could become a bit obsessed by the whole thing I think.
I’ll have to carry on with the DD plan this week as Ive bought all the food now, but I will definitely try squashing the meals into a narrower time frame.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

When this started playing my cat was sitting on the arm at the other end of the sofa from me, looking at me. I patted my lap, not our usual invitation. She got down from the arm and walked right across the sofa cushions and stepped up into my lap and curled up.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

@HarrisonK lets hope that the promising news turns into good news.

Exactly 5.0 today. Higher end of normal for me - restless night. Know I’m always up at silly o’clo I, but there’s something about having a train/plane to catch that persuades my inner clock that it needs to wake me up several hours and several times more than normal.

Off to Birmingham for work today. Hope you all have a good day.