What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems as though this Pagan Halloween nonsense has arrived early and played havoc with people's fbg. @karen8967 and @Cumberland you type 1s clearly live in a way more scary environment for bg control than we type 2s and must roll your eyes at our issues many a time.
Personally, I have been informed I need to either ignore the 5.6 shown or enter it and stew. A series of well off trend readings have followed my opening a new pot of strips but correlation is not causation. Best way forward seems to be to assume readings are wrong, eat and exercise as normal while waiting for new strips.
Longish post but sincere wishes for better, more stable times to all. @DJC3 I would never have gone down the DD route so props to you for plugging away. - chacun a son gout

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Malodorous madam! not literally of course 7.6!
Slipped on a squishy fallen Bramley yesterday after only planting 1 tulip bulb. Biffed knee, bruised hip and 74 more bulbs still to go

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
5.4 for me, found it difficult to get out of the mid 3s yesterday, even reducing basal didn't help, Karen and Cumbs take care, must be the cold weather or they've increased the strength of insulin lol.

Reactions: trick60 and heavyd

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.3 today.

@karen8967, @Cumberland and @philchap1 -- A big hug from me. Take care. Hope your blood sugars will be better today.
@Goacher55 -- Congrats. Great results.
@HarrisonK -- Keeping my fingers crossed for the biopsy. Hope it will turn out to be nothing.
@ianpspurs -- Looks very beautiful where you live (though I am kind of a big city girl myself).

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

not quite so cold this morning, Yay :)

got to go have my 3 yearly boob scan later, not a favourite thing. Probably we'll do a bit of shopping too, I'm out of almond milk and I can't think what to make for dinner this evening, perhaps inspiration will strike later ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All from chilly Ken but not as frosty as W Sussex it seems. Anyway 7.3 at 0700 but I had satisfactory readings yesterday 1.3 difference 2 hours after supper. So what do I care except I have an HbA1c in 6 weeks
@Karen @ Cumberland and @philchap1 hope the horrible hypos pack up and leave soon. @HarrisonK good luck today will say a little prayer when I’m dogwalking.
@Bubbsie I am temporarily in charge of a 16 year old Westie belonging to my chemo friend so the treats advice is very useful. @shelley262 safe journey.
@ianpspurs stay cheerful and btw I am a country girl too.
Have a good day everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

got to go have my 3 yearly boob scan later, not a favourite thing. Probably we'll do a bit of shopping too, I'm out of almond milk and I can't think what to make for dinner this evening, perhaps inspiration will strike later ;)

Hope all goes well with the boob scan - very important/emotional subject on both sides of our family that one
@SueJB Be kind to those injuries from #bramleygate - ours seem very large and strangely red this year. @PenguinMum towns and cities are very nice for about half a day then I keep hearing Take Me Home Country Roads and feeling yep, so right mister. People always wondered why I drove or commuted so far to work - worst case was Huntingdon to Selsdon.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.4 today

Good luck with the scan. Everytime I get called I turn up and they start and I cant continue its so painful even with painkillers on board. So well done you for being brave and not a ninny like me.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Many years ago when I set up my web page I put a death counter on it. It may seem a bit weird but I factored in my life span the way that insurance companies do. My health, my parents health, the way I drive and other factors predicts that I will die on 24th December when I'm 82. Of course it can never be that exact in real life but thats what the computer says and so I have a countdown clock reminding me of my mortality. Today my morning sugars are 6.2 I have no idea why. My BP is normal, my temperature is normal my O2 levels are good. Most importantly I feel better than I have in weeks, ( probably the antibiotics have done what they do). So I've had a lovely sausage , cabbage/red pepper egg breakfast and coffee and now am going to take a long walk in the rain. My intention is to embrace the situation I'm in. I reamain curious. Have a good day all. BTW if you'd like to check out my website its www.orsonkartt.com

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.0 this morning (again), still nice to be getting regular single figures (when I think back a couple of months!). Adding a couple of more units tomorrow, so we shall see. Bit overcast here today but am off out to a fundraising lunch with Mr P. Diabetic friendly thank goodness. So sorry to hear of all the troubles that @philchap1 , @karen8967 and @Cumberland have been having, hope things settle down soon. Wishing @HarrisonK best of luck with the biopsy and Mr P has fellow feeling with @SueJB - he slipped over on our icy decking yesterday and has a similar crop of bumps and dings, cuts and bruises. We are getting ourselves a roll of rubber matting to roll out when the frost is down to prevent this happening again! Have a good day everyone.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Up again to 8.5 this morning---wrong direction! :banghead: Woken this morning at 7am with a phone call from my mum's carer to say her kitchen was flooded on arrival! After using all the towels in the house to mop up the water my hubby discovered a badly leaking pipe below the tap. Stop- tap unable to be switched off. All contents of the sink unit ruined. Towels now on to wash, cupboard emptied/ sorted and large jug beneath the pipe being constantly emptied whilst awaiting arrival of the plumber. Mum blissfully unaware of it all sitting eating breakfast! And I wonder why my blood sugars are rising. LOL Have a calm and easy day one and all. :)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@HarrisonK -- Keeping my fingers crossed for the biopsy. Hope it will turn out to be nothing.
@HarrisonK good luck today will say a little prayer when I’m dogwalking.
Good luck Harrison.

Thank you all, I'll let you know the results when they are in.

got to go have my 3 yearly boob scan later, not a favourite thing

Something I share with you today. Have to have a boob scan and biopsy