Are we going to die post-Brexit?

SeanJ_99

The government need to tell us soon, this is life or death for most of us here. Dying because of a vote is the worst way to go out..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
The government need to tell us soon, this is life or death for most of us here. Dying because of a vote is the worst way to go out..
They do not know, is the simple answer

Reactions: dbr10
D

Deleted Account

Insulin lasts for months in our fridges.
So, I would have thought it makes more sense to build up a slightly larger supply in your fridge over the next 6 months.
If everyone asked for twice as much in March, there is likely to be a problem but if you order your repeat prescription every 5 weeks instead of 6 (for example) and store the extra, the impact of spreading out the demand is surely less.

However, I thought it was normal to have a few weeks supplies in our fridges anyway.
Anyone who orders their lifesaving medication on a just in time basis is not taking into consideration the possibility of non-Brexit related reasons for supply problems such as adverse weather or fuel shortages which could occur in any country along the import route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fairygodmother

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is ridiculous. Lots of lives have been lost because of votes, everyone knows that democracy is civil war by other means. Hitler was created by voting, oooh I've Godwinned and it's only my second sentence, voting is a dangerous thing, but not being able to vote, and replacing that option with technocratic, or autocratic rule, is even more dangerous.

So to imagine that your life will never be affected by a vote is nonsense.

However, I will still point out that no deal is not going to cause a shortage of insulin.

It's also looking increasingly likely, mainly because of a backstop that is so unreasonable that no one can accept it. However, we will muddle through, and there will not be a shortage of insulin, and no one will die.

Reactions: zand

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
My local pharmacy, in Kent, have said that they’re starting to build up extra supplies and, quietly, advise it.
If you all crowdfund for good gas masks we Kent T1s might be persuaded to go and chat up those poor guys transporting insulin and stuck on the M20 before the particulates rot their brains and lungs.
On a serious note we’re familiar with the M20 becoming a lorry park, and I hear there are plans to extend the overflow one in Brenzett and create others. There are even some new road signs up already telling drivers telling drivers that the road they’re on isn’t a lorry park and pointing the way to go.
I don’t think anyone knows what will happen, a situation which strengthens fear of the consequences. We should have begun planning as soon as the votes were counted: training nurses, and especially of GPs, has, it seems, lagged behind need for some years now too.
I really hope that our worst fears aren’t realised.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My local pharmacy, in Kent, have said that they’re starting to build up extra supplies and, quietly, advise it.
If you all crowdfund for good gas masks we Kent T1s might be persuaded to go and chat up those poor guys transporting insulin and stuck on the M20 before the particulates rot their brains and lungs.
On a serious note we’re familiar with the M20 becoming a lorry park, and I hear there are plans to extend the overflow one in Brenzett and create others. There are even some new road signs up already telling drivers telling drivers that the road they’re on isn’t a lorry park and pointing the way to go.
I don’t think anyone knows what will happen, a situation which strengthens fear of the consequences. We should have begun planning as soon as the votes were counted: training nurses, and especially of GPs, has, it seems, lagged behind need for some years now too.
I really hope that our worst fears aren’t realised.

The unknown is the scariest ........... it's a waiting game.

Reactions: dbr10
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

There are millions out there waiting for news, it is a waiting game and there is nothing we can do about that, lots of negotiations and we will hopefully get through it all. Talk of dying because of the vote, isn't helpful and I hope to be here for many years to come, as I want my 50 year diabetes medal :) I also have a 10 year old type 1 granddaughter, who was diagnosed at 2 1/2 years old.