Keto diet duration

JeanCL

Does anyone know whether it's safe to keep going on the Keto diet, even after the desired weigh loss and more has been reached - asking for a relative.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Your relative now has to tweak his/her diet to stave off more weight loss while still having good readings. Not as easy as it sounds, I'm afraid.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You might look for a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution - the one I have is the 2003 edition. There is advice on how to find the right amount of carbs to eat and foods to chose to maintain weight.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am always puzzled at the idea of having to tweak and worry about continued weight loss on a permanent keto/low carb high fat regime. Dairy products, coconut oil, animal fat, nuts and flours from them - how to keep losing weight eating this lovely energy-giving stuff? But I guess some people do? Wow! Not me.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone know whether it's safe to keep going on the Keto diet, even after the desired weigh loss and more has been reached - asking for a relative.
Have they reached their desired weight and are still losing or just well on the way?
Personally I'll probably do it for life because i feel it has restored my health and well being as well as putting Type 2 into remission.