1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Keto diet duration

Discussion in 'Prediabetes' started by JeanCL, Nov 13, 2018.

1. JeanCL

JeanCL · Active Member

Does anyone know whether it's safe to keep going on the Keto diet, even after the desired weigh loss and more has been reached - asking for a relative.

2. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Expert

Your relative now has to tweak his/her diet to stave off more weight loss while still having good readings. Not as easy as it sounds, I'm afraid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

You might look for a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution - the one I have is the 2003 edition. There is advice on how to find the right amount of carbs to eat and foods to chose to maintain weight.

4. AloeSvea

AloeSvea Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am always puzzled at the idea of having to tweak and worry about continued weight loss on a permanent keto/low carb high fat regime. Dairy products, coconut oil, animal fat, nuts and flours from them - how to keep losing weight eating this lovely energy-giving stuff? But I guess some people do? Wow! Not me.

5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Master

Have they reached their desired weight and are still losing or just well on the way?
    Personally I'll probably do it for life because i feel it has restored my health and well being as well as putting Type 2 into remission.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook