Hi, First review with Diabetes nurse

BuddyK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Firstly, hi folks..

Been reading loads, but this is my first post.

Having been diagnosed T2 in August, I cried, swore, and then decided to do something about it.... And found this Forum the same day.... What a blessing that was!

Taking heed of the advice here ( and to be fair the low carb advice from the DN) I embarked on a low carb lifestyle and bought a meter.

Fast forward 3 months and my review this morning, I'm over 2 stone lighter and my HBA1C has gone from 69 at diagnosis to 33.... Simply WOW!

Thanks for all the support and guidance, it makes a massive difference .. round one. .. me 1- diabetes 0 !!

Reactions: Flora123

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results and very well done for taking control of your health.
Also Hello and welcome of course....very glad your first post can record your success.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly, hi folks..

Having been diagnosed T2 in August, I cried, swore, and then decided to do something about it.... And found this Forum the same day.... What a blessing that was!

Taking heed of the advice here ( and to be fair the low carb advice from the DN) I embarked on a low carb lifestyle and bought a meter.

Fast forward 3 months and my review this morning, I'm over 2 stone lighter and my HBA1C has gone from 69 at diagnosis to 33.... Simply WOW!

Thanks for all the support and guidance, it makes a massive difference .. round one. .. me 1- diabetes 0 !!
I'm assuming the DN was quite pleased too?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly, hi folks..

Excellent going! Well done!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @BuddyK That's a brilliant turn around, here's to a long healthy life :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Firstly, hi folks..

Well done for grabbing the bull by the horns, @BuddyK. Brilliant results and well deserved.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Firstly, hi folks..

Wow Buddy! Now we have your first post the rules are you must give us a second, which details how you did it! We want a typical day from you, along with some numbers!! Seriously, your story will be such an inspiration to others in the same boat so if you have time, (and I'm sure I speak for everyone), please tell us. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w

Jay-Marc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She was speechless! She'd never seen such a quick turnaround from one of her patients.... And very pleased I'd embraced low carb lifestyle
In my experience - which is broadly similar to yours only I started higher at 107 at diagnosis to mid 30s 4 months later - moat have difficulty in believing it, about half feel brave enough to acknowledge or support the achievement of low carb, and sadly even fewer will agree on the merits especially in the early days, of regular testing. Still I know what works for me, and it seems you.