Type 1'stars R Us

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w If your running low in the afternoon then why not trying to drop the lunch time dose to your higher when you swim?

Or are you one of these that does a load of swimming and find your BSL goes up?

It's an odd one Knikki, I'm waking with bloods all-over the shop, come lunch I'm starting to rise as the breakfast insulin's used up, basal at lunch and a slow rise to about 11mmols come 4 o clock but a swim will drop that by half or more to under 5mmols, I get out these days with an arrow pointing down, if I catch it with glucose I spike, if I'm not swimming I take the 1u at lunch to keep me from wandering upwards.
I 'should' be able to work it out I guess, trial error and moan, then moan a bit more.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, did some one say drink???! Have the occasional pint of bitter now and again which does raise my BG which I tend to cautiously correct before going to bed. Mostly red wine at weekends usually with meals (breakfast etc....! LOL :hilarious:) and don't notice any real affect on BG. I do enjoy a good G&T (slimline) and find that has a negative affect on my BG more often than not. Summer Cider...................I know I shouldn't really and I usually do refrain/abstain but just now and again it is too tempting and blow the consequences!

No alcohol involved last night and a nice 5.1 this morning.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Send them my way and I'll check them out for you :woot:

ve6cys.jpg
Cost of postage might be prohibitive @Knikki

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Looks like it has eventually stopped raining. We were in danger of needing the Ark yesterday, despite living on a hill!! In Bloom group this morning. Still loving my Fiasp and half unit pen. 5.2 on waking. Happy days!

Need the Ark again. Gardening rained off, after we got soaked and frozen! Now home sorting out my Christmas cake in my warm kitchen.

Reactions: Knikki and hh1

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Need the Ark again. Gardening rained off, after we got soaked and frozen! Now home sorting out my Christmas cake in my warm kitchen.
Sorting out.....as in eating it or making it :)

Reactions: kev-w

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Weather can affect BG.
I tend to find my BG rises a little in the cold. I think this is down to having more nights snuggling in front of the fire/tv whereas in the summer I spend more time out and about exercising.
But I have also read about of affecting others in the opposite way.

I tend to find my BG rises in the cold because I'm eating stew and pie and mash and casseroles and hotpots whereas in summer I eat not a rabbit but like a rabbit.................

K

Knikki

Well that was unexpected, proper hypo at lunch in fact that bad my boss asked if I was OK. :arghh:

All OK now guess I will stick the alarms back on of well never mind. o_O

Reactions: smc4761

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening teabags, currently waiting for a 3.7 to come up, had a hectic day with my first responder training so not been around. Woke up on a reported 5.5, but did a blood to find it was 8.5... sensor in its last few days, and I’m not sure I can rely on it. Recalibrated to the blood reading, and have spent the day trying to get back into range, but it’s the start of resistance week, isn’t it. Switched my basal program to cover that, just got in into the high sixes, did bloods to check and that has me at 3.7 :banghead: So I really don’t know I I’ve been high all day or not! Libre scanner puts me as being in range all day so am a bit baffled. Everything says I’m in the threes now though, sometimes I really hate T1... still got 0.3u IOB, from all the corrections today.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mel dCP hope your training went well today. How long does it last for?

As for your BG figures OMG, I dream about having BG like you have, but I do know you put in a tremendous effort to achieve these, dont beat yourself up.

The Libre is a great tool but as we are finding out it can at times be a bit inaccurate. Hopefully in the years and months to come Abbot will manage to improve the accuracy

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Ha ha fellow teabags @Mel dCP !!

A day of ups and downs, averted 2 hypos with the G6 but as a consequence with running around I did overkill with the carbs so bouncy ball day.. :banghead:

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Ha ha fellow teabags @Mel dCP !!

A day of ups and downs, averted 2 hypos with the G6 but as a consequence with running around I did overkill with the carbs so bouncy ball day.. :banghead:
bouncy balls days are my norn at work, I am now using a Libre + miao miao + xDrip+ via my phone and to my smart watch, an avaerage working days mileage is 9.2 miles while a busy working day can be over 12 mile :eek:. But sugars are mostly in range with alot of temp basal rates and micro boluses, saw my DSN today and it looks like my next pump will be a 670G with an enlite sensor :woot:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening teabags, currently waiting for a 3.7 to come up, had a hectic day with my first responder training so not been around. Woke up on a reported 5.5, but did a blood to find it was 8.5... sensor in its last few days, and I’m not sure I can rely on it. Recalibrated to the blood reading, and have spent the day trying to get back into range, but it’s the start of resistance week, isn’t it. Switched my basal program to cover that, just got in into the high sixes, did bloods to check and that has me at 3.7 :banghead: So I really don’t know I I’ve been high all day or not! Libre scanner puts me as being in range all day so am a bit baffled. Everything says I’m in the threes now though, sometimes I really hate T1... still got 0.3u IOB, from all the corrections today.
Sending hugs mel

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that was unexpected, proper hypo at lunch in fact that bad my boss asked if I was OK. :arghh:

All OK now guess I will stick the alarms back on of well never mind. o_O
Must be the day for hypos knikki had a few myself today lowest being 2.6

Reactions: kitedoc

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Mel dCP hope your training went well today. How long does it last for?

As for your BG figures OMG, I dream about having BG like you have, but I do know you put in a tremendous effort to achieve these, dont beat yourself up.

The Libre is a great tool but as we are finding out it can at times be a bit inaccurate. Hopefully in the years and months to come Abbot will manage to improve the accuracy
Got another two weeks to go, it’s really intense and full on. I absolutely LOVE IT :) We did defibrillators today, plus normal CPR. And ran through scenarios starting from arriving on scene to the inevitable conclusion, I don’t normally like role play, but this was surprisingly ok. Highlighted how much I need to work on my upper body strength! But my slightly dodgy shoulders didn’t give way, so I’m happy with that.

And thank you, yeah, I do fixate a little on my cats-ups, I’m at 5.8 now, and quite content.
Defo, the cold weather used to make mine rise.

But like you- the last 2-3 days I have had lots of lows.

@Mel dCP- ditch the sensor? Abbot should be able to replace that?
I’m reluctant to bin this one, there’s a massive bruise under it which I’m not sure I want to see the light of day :D

Talking of bruises, I got around to removing the nail varnish on my toes last night. I noticed that my right big toenail is purple underneath the polish - it doesn’t hurt (I do have feeling in that toe), there’s no spread of the bruise onto the toe itself, it’s literally just under the nail. Anyone come across this before? I never have. I’ve not kicked anything or dropped anything on it, it’s really odd. I’d never have noticed had I left the polish on and not fancied a change. Not sure whether to ring the DN tomorrow for advice.

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w