Who to donate to?

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice choice of charity Jo.

At funerals, I'm hopeless. I'm usually leaking from the eyes as I park, never mind during the confounded things.

For me, the goodbye thing is always a kicker, to the extent that when talking about my Mother's funeral and subsequent reception, I trained myself to think of it as her "last hurrah", and a time for family and friends to say kind thing, be nice to each other and remember her fondly. That helped me a bit and helped me ensure, where possible, we tried to focus on the happy times and the positive memories.

Good luck on Thursday. It's a hard, hard day.

Finally, roughly, where are you based Jo? Do I recall Northants somehow?

Thanks, I'll be fine I'm sure. What can possibly go awry??
We're in Costa del Lancashire, the village of Littleborough near the Yorkshire border in the foothills of the Pennines.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I'll be fine I'm sure. What can possibly go awry??
We're in Costa del Lancashire, the village of Littleborough near the Yorkshire border in the foothills of the Pennines.

Ah. I don't know of anywhere in that area. Take your time. There are many, many worthy causes everywhere.

Reactions: Jo_the_boat

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Best wishes for the funeral and eulogy, am sure you will say all the right things and give comfort where needed.

Excellent choice of charity also :)

Reactions: Jo_the_boat

Lord Midas

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Idiots. Morons. Flat Earthers. Religious fanatics. Trump. Bigots. Misogynists. And other assorted bad types.
My thoughts are with you @Jo_the_boat. Funerals are strange affairs, never knowing quite how to be, or feel, in such a situation. Keep those happy thoughts with you <3

This thread has been very useful as I've been looking for a good diabetes charity to create my Virgin Giving page against. Definitely not Diabetes UK though. Much like all other orgs, like the NHS or higher powers, they continue to spout the same bad nutritional advice which compounds diabetic ailments.

So, I've gone with JDRF. From what you guys say this is a genuine charity looking for valid solutions.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My thoughts are with you @Jo_the_boat. Funerals are strange affairs, never knowing quite how to be, or feel, in such a situation. Keep those happy thoughts with you <3

This thread has been very useful as I've been looking for a good diabetes charity to create my Virgin Giving page against. Definitely not Diabetes UK though. Much like all other orgs, like the NHS or higher powers, they continue to spout the same bad nutritional advice which compounds diabetic ailments.

So, I've gone with JDRF. From what you guys say this is a genuine charity looking for valid solutions.

The funeral went OK. Very difficult but as my wife (deceased's brother) said you only get one chance to get it right so its just a matter of getting your head in gear.
Yes, JDRF was my choice.

Reactions: Lord Midas