Type 1 Fainting

Type1Teen

I woke up this morning with my levels at 28.2. I completely forgot to check my ketones as I woke up later than usual and had to hurry out the door. Anyways, about 40 minutes into class, I checked them again on my libre sensor to see if the correction had worked and they only got higher. In fact they were reading as HI (above scale). So out of panic, I checked my ketones to see that they were 1.4. Anyways as my parents came, I packed my bag to leave school and about 5 seconds after I stood up I fainted. It was fine, I came around after a few seconds but I was wondering if this ever happened to anyone else?

moori

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
Im sorry you fainted and had to miss class :)
I haven't had much complications so far... although type 1 for 8 month.
Did your sugar levels drop already?
Good luck

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @Type1Teen How are your BGs and ketones now?
I have never passed out over a Hi before so can't offer and insight into that. Did you cehk your BG's with a finger prick test? Always check with a finger prick if the Libre is higher or lower than expected. They can be out by a fair bit either way.
Hope you are feeling better soon

Type1Teen

Hi @Type1Teen How are your BGs and ketones now?
I have never passed out over a Hi before so can't offer and insight into that. Did you cehk your BG's with a finger prick test? Always check with a finger prick if the Libre is higher or lower than expected. They can be out by a fair bit either way.
Hope you are feeling better soon
Hey! Everything's perfect now. My ketones are 0.0 (though they rose to 4.0 an hour ago) and Yeah, if my levels rise over 14 or are below 4 I always double check with a finger prick test

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your faint may not even be diabetes related. There are any number of reasons why we faint, and one of these is standing up too quickly combined with a racing heart - which I assume you had because of the anxiety you experienced at the time. That is only a suggestion.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hey! Everything's perfect now. My ketones are 0.0 (though they rose to 4.0 an hour ago) and Yeah, if my levels rise over 14 or are below 4 I always double check with a finger prick test
Phew. Good news. The fainting may not be diabetic related. If it persists then contact your GP

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Yeah I would also suggest it wasn't the betes that cause the faint but I do think it might have been anxiety over your results. I'd talk to your diabetes nurse or doctor about having a set in plan if you know you're hi ect. :)