Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 . Like good old rock bands myself. But Whitesnake.....David Coverdale.......just to pretty.
Here I go again.......slagging off pretty guys:):):):):)

Reactions: Cumberland

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 . Like good old rock bands myself. But Whitesnake.....David Coverdale.......just to pretty.
Here I go again.......slagging off pretty guys:):):):):)

Agree about the pretty boy image, but that mainly came about around 1987, for the album called surprisingly 1987, when he was trying to crack America. Whitesnake were originally a good old British blues rock band

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agree about the pretty boy image, but that mainly came about around 1987, for the album called surprisingly 1987, when he was trying to crack America. Whitesnake were originally a good old British blues rock band

1987. What a great year. Though I preferred Guns & roses... Dysfunctional rock. Before I wised up... :cool:
... & a couple of years later, took to "grunge." ;)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, blood sugar a bit boring at the moment, so not had much to say, boring is good though, shouldn't complain.

But isn't chips with gravy an inevitable consequence of purchasing the most perfect of chip shop delicacies, steak and kidney pudding?

This dislike of chips with gravy is a bit anti steak and kidney pies, and puddings. I must protest.

I only ever saw steak and kidney puddings for sale in Lancashire, when I had a boyfriend from Clitheroe for a couple of years, and visited a few times, but they were lovely.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, blood sugar a bit boring at the moment, so not had much to say, boring is good though, shouldn't complain.

But isn't chips with gravy an inevitable consequence of purchasing the most perfect of chip shop delicacies, steak and kidney pudding?

This dislike of chips with gravy is a bit anti steak and kidney pies, and puddings. I must protest.

I only ever saw steak and kidney puddings for sale in Lancashire, when I had a boyfriend from Clitheroe for a couple of years, and visited a few times, but they were lovely.

This was pre glucose testing meters and they could therefore be eaten without guilt.

Reactions: Cumberland

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I'm still looking for the absolutely perfect portion of chips as remembered from two childhood chip shops and it's taking a lot of looking. I got three years behind on my research in my T2/LCHF days, and haven't really caught up since. I can only summon up the courage and strength for the insulin calculations for chips in certain circumstances.

It's like I told the sales assistant who was trying to sell me chocolate mid-afternoon "No, thank you, I can't be bothered to calculate the insulin dose and effects for that right now."

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Scott-C @smc4761 . Chips with gravy. Discuss.
I wasn’t present at the time of this incident but here goes.
Wife’s mother ( RIP ) visited a food outlet here in the Midlands some years back.
Chips were ordered and duly arrived with gravy on them.
“ who puts f***** gravy on chips? “ could be heard throughout the establishment.:woot:
Definitely not - makes em go soggy same as vinegar does. When I have chips I only put salt on them but will sometimes have chicken, chips and curry sauce. We have a fish and chip van in the village every Saturday and their chips etc are always fresh.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all & happy Monday :p , waking on a 4.1, dropping to 4 before a Dextrotab, pre bolussed and sat at 5.6 which is a good start for the week.
Chips? I avoid them myself in the name of low fat healthy eating, but my mum worked in a chippy during my childhood, memories of a metal bath full of spuds for me to peel (there was a machine) during the summer hols, 2 day old haddock in't fridge from the left overs :) still wrapped in newspaper to be warmed up for Friday tea, battered spam fritters :p and these days being a glutton one needs a large injection or two to be able to eat this food so rarely bother.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Scott-C @smc4761 . Chips with gravy. Discuss.
I wasn’t present at the time of this incident but here goes.
Wife’s mother ( RIP ) visited a food outlet here in the Midlands some years back.
Chips were ordered and duly arrived with gravy on them.
“ who puts f***** gravy on chips? “ could be heard throughout the establishment.:woot:

Chips and gravy oh yes deelish

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Glad you enjoyed Cumbs. I am a huge fan of British rock bands from 70's and 80's but Def Leppard just leave me cold, just dont like them at all. Yet just about every other band from that era, Deep Purple, Sabbath, Whitesnake,Rainbow, Dio, Maiden,Saxon etc I love. Aw well we can't all like the same thing

Love all the ones you mentioned plus many more