Type 1'stars R Us

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning :)

So turns out I did give my insulin! Phew

3.5 working days... not that I'm counting every minute...

My students reminded me to take my insulin before lunch today as there was a bit of upheaval at the lunch table just as I'd got it all ready and had to stop to sort the upheaval, Then when that had been sorted I nearly started eating without taking the insulin! They're a good lot, and they're as ready as me for the break!

What do you teach?

My students are very familiar with my Spike App alarms and are constantly checking if I am
in range

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning y'all, a waking 12.1, it seems to have risen around 3am and I've had an extra unit in my bolus, I'm hoping to get on early today as rain's forecast for lunch so waiting my blood down is quite tedious having got the young un up at 06.45, I'm avoiding the kitchen as the porridge pot's winking at me :p

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Reading about pies and deer and reminiscing about a venison pie from the other year :p

My Libre trolled me earlier, finished up in the gym after work to a sloping down line, that put me off swimming so I came home to it having changed its mind and gone up to 8 with a flat line. I did have a banana with me but didn't fancy feeding a drop that would/could have dropped some more with exercise as when I swim on a flat line and eat a 'nana I can still get out to a vertical line pointing down.

All plans of mice and men, Mels catted up by insulen. :woot:
Can't remember the last time I had a banana.
The English pronunciation of this used to have my Spanish speaking students laughing their socks off

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning teabags, I’ve been off the forum for a couple of days and missed you all.
Chips? No gravy, nothing wet, except vinegar, they HAVE to stay crisp. Salt and vinegar and tom sauce to dip them in. A fork? Nah, but why do they taste better eating them with hands?
@frannon, welcome to the forum. It’s a lovely place where online friends give each other support and leven the day with humour. I’m so sorry you’ve had a bad deal with your family and your health’s affected! It’s sometimes extra hard to keep T1 in order if the rest of the world seems to be falling apart but it’s worth it. Decent blood sugars make us feel better, mentally and physically. Ask for help from your team. Ask for help from your DSN. Their help to get you in a better place physically is a sign that they care.
You also need hugs so I’m sending you virtual hugs

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Red kites were introduced into this area and are thriving

Thriving? They're taking over the world! In summer it's not unusual to see a 'column' of about 15-20 just circling. Magnificent birds.

It was really dark this morning wasn't it? Winter equinox in a few days :meh:

Was 3.4 this morning, so might drop basal again if this keeps happening............

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Morning teabags, I’ve been off the forum for a couple of days and missed you all.
Chips? No gravy, nothing wet, except vinegar, they HAVE to stay crisp. Salt and vinegar and tom sauce to dip them in. A fork? Nah, but why do they taste better eating them with hands?
@frannon, welcome to the forum. It’s a lovely place where online friends give each other support and leven the day with humour. I’m so sorry you’ve had a bad deal with your family and your health’s affected! It’s sometimes extra hard to keep T1 in order if the rest of the world seems to be falling apart but it’s worth it. Decent blood sugars make us feel better, mentally and physically. Ask for help from your team. Ask for help from your DSN. Their help to get you in a better place physically is a sign that they care.
You also need hugs so I’m sending you virtual hugs
Hi @Fairygodmother, I think it is licking one's fingers after dipping and eating the chips which emboldens the taste.
In Australia the seagulls are conniving and clever thieves so whether eating fish or chips, we are extra vigilant if by the seaside !!

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Thriving? They're taking over the world! In summer it's not unusual to see a 'column' of about 15-20 just circling. Magnificent birds.

It was really dark this morning wasn't it? Winter equinox in a few days :meh:

Was 3.4 this morning, so might drop basal again if this keeps happening............
I seem to recall red kites were rare in Poldark's time.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow colanders

Well looks like I have joined the "issues with car" club. Son was out last night, said he left lights on for about 15 mins as he was on his phone talking to friend. Tried to start the car and nothing at all. Called Green flag and it started immediately after jump. So booked into Halfords for a free winter check including battery

On plus side my BG for last week are showing their lowest ever average whoo hoo

Enjoy your day

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Given @karen8967 's joust with the Libre givers maybe we need a term like 'Libre-whisperer', the skill of obtaining a Libre supply.

Reactions: karen8967

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Have not heard from @Knikki. Is he busy sampling cakes for Xmas or extending his beauty sleep ??

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Have not heard from @Knikki. Is he busy sampling cakes for Xmas or extending his beauty sleep ??

Hehe....a customer just brought a big box of cream cakes in for the boys in the workshop.....10.1 or not the biggest one has had a bite taken out of it already and is sat by my cup of tea :) lets see what etch-a-sketch makes of that a little later

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hehe....a customer just brought a big box of cream cakes in for the boys in the workshop.....10.1 or not the biggest one has had a bite taken out of it already and is sat by my cup of tea :) lets see what etch-a-sketch makes of that a little later

Think you'll be doing a jab any........minute................................now!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have an appointment for the knackety knee! Yeehaw! Dancing a one-legged mental jig - at last, being able to walk again without pain’s getting closer.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Knikki just hid another one my the side of the computer just for you my friend......can't see it UNLESS I look real hard

If I see it I will eat eat - sorry in advance :angelic::angelic:

Reactions: Alison54321