"That Sugar Film". Australian Documentary.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I searched for the title in this forum, but didn't find any threads related to it, but the TV-gods blessed me last night when it was aired in Denmark. My husband and I were just channel surfing when suddenly - there it was, and right from the start too. Highly informative and really really entertaining.
Surely I can't be the only fan in here? You Aussies must know it? Those of you who don't know it, do watch it. You won't regret it :) It's on Youtube too
Edited to add: The subs are in Arabic, but speech is in English.

Reactions: Ponchu and dbr10
D

Deleted member 308541

It's been on the SBS a couple of times in the last year or so.

It was available on SBS On Demand, but I cannot find it now so they must have dropped it for something else.

Reactions: jjraak

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
If I remember correctly this gent was eating either LCHF or Paleo - definitely low carb and exercising. He then experimented by going high carb, sometimes eating sugar directly, whilst still exercising. Needless to say his numbers went in the wrong direction as did his waistline. He was supported by his HCP.

Long and short of it, he showed that eating the same amount of average sugar consumption for his country began destroying his health.

Reactions: jjraak

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
If I remember correctly this gent was eating either LCHF or Paleo - definitely low carb and exercising. He then experimented by going high carb, sometimes eating sugar directly, whilst still exercising. Needless to say his numbers went in the wrong direction as did his waistline. He was supported by his HCP.

Long and short of it, he showed that eating the same amount of average sugar consumption for his country began destroying his health.
Correct, and importantly His calorie intake was roughly the same before, during and after the experiment.