17.8 BG !!

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Snow
17.8 bg. It’s been going upwards all week, at what stage would you book an appointment to see the nurse. ??

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Might be worth phoning 111 for their advice as it’s after regular surgery hours now

Reactions: Rich12

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
What have you been eating?

Today. Just a small salad for dinner. I did have a few oven chips to. I’ve tried not eating anything, and it still goes up. !!!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oven chips certainly won't help. What was in the salad?

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
17.8 bg. It’s been going upwards all week, at what stage would you book an appointment to see the nurse. ??
I had the same thing this afternoon whilst working... So ended up walking up ten flights of stairs two times whilst at work to try to bring them down a bit.

I also hadn’t eaten anything out of the ordinary - crazy how they can just go up for no reason!

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
Oven chips certainly won't help. What was in the salad?

I don’t think it’s the food my friend, I have just had my injection, I will give it a cpl of hours and test again, I’m sure it’s the meds.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not familiar with the drug you are on so can't comment. Are you following a low carb or keto diet?

Oven chips are miles away from keto.

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
Low carb, I’ve never known it go so hi, and I really don’t think I have ate that much junk, I have only been on these meds 3 weeks, it has to be them. ?? I just made an appointment at the docs for Monday. Hope I will manage till then.

Reactions: jjraak

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no medical background, but as a T2 I am producing insulin that my body can't cope with. I can't get my head around the reason for giving T2s insulin or drugs that promote insulin. I was diagnosed in November 2017 with 122 score. I was offered insulin and said no thanks. Went keto and within 4 months my HbA1c had gone down to 35.

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
Well done you. I will have a chat to my nurse, I’m sure the meds might just need tweaking, I’d would sooner take what I’m taking now, than taking metformin, god they made me bad for so long.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all have to find our own way. I had read about metformin on this forum before I was offered it. I asked in advance if I could have the slow release version. I have been extremely fortunate in that they have had absolutely no side effects for me.

Reactions: jjraak

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no medical background, but as a T2 I am producing insulin that my body can't cope with. I can't get my head around the reason for giving T2s insulin or drugs that promote insulin. I was diagnosed in November 2017 with 122 score. I was offered insulin and said no thanks. Went keto and within 4 months my HbA1c had gone down to 35.
It seems some type 2’s do not produce enough insulin of there own, hence the need, I also have no medical background, for me, there was little choice as far as i know

i also went keto and had an hba1c of 34, 12 months after hba1c of 126

Reactions: xfieldok

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It seems some type 2’s do not produce enough insulin of there own, hence the need, I also have no medical background, for me, there was little choice as far as i know

i also went keto and had an hba1c of 34, 12 months after hba1c of 126
I do understand that. When they offered me insulin, there was no talk of further testing to see whether I was producing insulin or not, and at that time I didn't even know enough to ask what my HbA1c score was!

If you can stick to keto long enough to get through carb withdrawal, the rest is a doddle.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do understand that. When they offered me insulin, there was no talk of further testing to see whether I was producing insulin or not, and at that time I didn't even know enough to ask what my HbA1c score was!

If you can stick to keto long enough to get through carb withdrawal, the rest is a doddle.

Hi,

Not all metabolisms are created equal..
Levels of insulin resistance may vary, same with beta cel production.

My own condition for instance.. Not so much a "doddle" doing a keto diet without my meds.. ;)

Reactions: Boo1979

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Not everyone with T2 is hyperinsulinaemic, there are those whose beta cells have been so overworked that they have become dysfunctional or even perished. As we are not tested (by the NHS) for hyperinsulinaemia then obviously we cannot know. As we are all different this means that decisions and choices about lifestyle and treatment options are personal to us. Quality of life has to be factored in in any choices made and if insulin treatment brings about good QoL then then so be it.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not everyone with T2 is hyperinsulinaemic, there are those whose beta cells have been so overworked that they have become dysfunctional or even perished. As we are not tested (by the NHS) for hyperinsulinaemia then obviously we cannot know. As we are all different this means that decisions and choices about lifestyle and treatment options are personal to us. Quality of life has to be factored in in any choices made and if insulin treatment brings about good QoL then then so be it.
Interesting Guzzler, learning every day, thanks.

Reactions: jjraak and Guzzler

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys could we focus on @Rich12 's topic, please?

Rich are you brewing a cold or anything? Being a bit under the weather can send bloods sky rocketing.

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
It’s just been a slow increase over the last week, no cold. But I’m going to see the nurse on Monday.

Reactions: Antje77 and jjraak