Libre results consistently out

steve_dear

I have been on Libre for more than 4 years now with varying success. My last 4 sensors have been reading 2.5-3 mmol/l below my bg results 10min prior.

I presume it's been like this for a while as my HbA1c came in around 2.5-3 above my Libreview predicted HbA1c

Has anyone else experienced anything similar recently? Could it be an enzyme change in my body? Having just started NHS funding, i'd hate to have to give up using it.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If it's consistently out then you could get an add-on (miao miao or xdrip?) which allows you to calibrate the libre against actual blood sugar readings. I believe that Abbott will also be releasing a new version of the libre which allows this?

Plenty of people develop issues with the libre after long term use, though it''s usually/often an allergic reaction to the sensor. Is this an issue for you?

D

Deleted Account

If it's consistently out then you could get an add-on (miao miao or xdrip?) which allows you to calibrate the libre against actual blood sugar readings.
You don’t need to buy an add on to calibrate. I have np add on but use the Glimp app on my Android phone. As it allows me to add my finger prick readings, I find it is more accurate than the LibreLink app. I also like how it plots the finger prick readings on the graphs; this gives me confidence in the graphs.

Reactions: kokhongw

steve_dear

I don't think I get allergic reaction but there is a skin reaction to the adhesive. I used to use an adhesive assistant as the ootb adhesive used to be a bit rubbish but they seem to have sorted that.

I didn't realise Glimp calibrated the freestyle results based on fingerprints. I'll try that for the next few weeks. Though my diabetes team use the freestyle results as part of my NHS funding agreement... I suppose that's their problem as long as I know the correct results :).

I have a Miao Miao on order. When it arrives, I'll play with the calibration on it to see what I can achieve.

Many thanks for all your help with this and I'll look forward to Abbots calibration able libre (though when this becomes available funded, I don't know :-S).