PHC Conference 2019

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. Will seriously consider going.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely. And if you come down the day before we can do a long walk.......
Think Youngest has Birmingham velo on the Sunday need to check it out give me a day or so if came we could come for a few days.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you guys going for the Full weekend ticket excluding the Sat dinner?
It’s a lot of money but the stellar cast is very tempting.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you guys going for the Full weekend ticket excluding the Sat dinner?
It’s a lot of money but the stellar cast is very tempting.

Yes, think I’ll go for both days but not the dinner.

Reactions: DJC3

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone planning to heckle Aseem Malhotra over bacongate?

:D
If I'm there yes I promise...! In two minds as apart from Doc Lustig there aren't many of the big names.. I did suggest Ben Bikman but unfortunately they had already filled the weekend.. maybe next year..

Reactions: Member496333

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone planning to go to the PHC's "Real Food Rocks" festival in the Lake District on 20th July? Details here, https://realfoodrocks.co.uk/ We've been thinking about going to the Lakes for some time, so excellent excuse and I've already booked. (note, one of the accommodation links was saying "no vacancies" ignore this, contact venue direct, lots of space available this morning.) Good food, interesting events/lectures, good music and beautiful surroundings. Day tickets are £10, day + evening are £25.
Sally

Reactions: DJC3 and bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone planning to go to the PHC's "Real Food Rocks" festival in the Lake District on 20th July? Details here, https://realfoodrocks.co.uk/ We've been thinking about going to the Lakes for some time, so excellent excuse and I've already booked. (note, one of the accommodation links was saying "no vacancies" ignore this, contact venue direct, lots of space available this morning.) Good food, interesting events/lectures, good music and beautiful surroundings. Day tickets are £10, day + evening are £25.
Sally
Would love to but.. one of the delights of living on the south coast is that this is 350 miles away... :(

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I was interested until I saw the price.

Now wondering if it is worth becoming a member (if it is possible for a lay person and costs less than £60).
Hmmm...£40 for old gimmers. Although I was a pensioner at 50 so I presume they mean a State Pensioner?
I also assume that there will be several parallel sessions so you may not see all the sessions you want.
That would also have to be an ?amazingly? good dinner for £100.

Thanks for posting this, but as you can tell I'm not really warming to it at the moment.

Edited by mod for language

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was interested until I saw the price.

Now wondering if it is worth becoming a member (if it is possible for a lay person and costs less than £60).
Hmmm...£40 for old gimmers. Although I was a pensioner at 50 so I presume they mean a State Pensioner?
I also assume that there will be several parallel sessions so you may not see all the sessions you want.
That would also have to be an ?amazingly? good dinner for £100.

Thanks for posting this, but as you can tell I'm not really warming to it at the moment.

Edited by mod for language

If the RCGP's catering are catering, I'd expect a good dinner. I have eaten there with some LC colleagues and the only carbs (aside from salad/veg and some nuts) on offer was a bowl of crisps for nibbling.

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sally

Myself and @Debandez are booked in.

Reactions: Debandez

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sally

I think this looks great, I seriously considered it when @Goonergal mentioned it. I’d love to go but I’d be coming up from Cornwall and I think it’s just too far for a short break. If I hadn’t already booked our hols I’d have tagged it on and made a week of it. I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic time.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New interview by Ivor Cummins with Sam Feltham of PHCUK: