Type2 Blog...the race is on

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most likely because you are low, your liver may be dumping glucose to make up the difference. (It's called dawn phenomenon, but happens during the rest of the day too.) Like I said, try another meter, and a different batch of test strips. Because these aren't the numbers of a diabetic. (And if they were, it'd be a poorly controlled one who'd be passing out left and right because he's overshooting insulin, which you're not on...). Something's off, and I have no idea what. The sooner you figure out whats going on, the better. Do you know what your HbA1c was?

Can I just point out as a Type 1 myself, that many things cause us to hypo. We work very hard to maintain control, counting carbs and matching insulin. Then along comes a heatwave/stress/excitement/illness/unexpected exertion. For some they may go hyper and others hypo. It is hard work to get it right on a daily basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dean76

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I just point out as a Type 1 myself, that many things cause us to hypo. We work very hard to maintain control, counting carbs and matching insulin. Then along comes a heatwave/stress/excitement/illness/unexpected exertion. For some they may go hyper and others hypo. It is hard work to get it right on a daily basis.
I know... Sorry. It's just, according to his meter he was hypo all the time. I know it's hard, and some are brittle etc, making good control some mythical beast that'll never be seen...

Do forgive me.

Dean76

IMG_4920.jpg

I end my day on 4.4.....it’s been steady today, a little glitch @ 7.2 2 hours after breakfast but that’ll be a lesson learnt. Good night.

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Dean76

14 weeks since my last post.

Almost 18 weeks ago when I came on here.

Weight then 120kg’s(18.89 stone)

Weight this day, today is 85kg’s(13.38 stone)

No matter how hard it is. Ignore the cravings and replace it with even a mere walk out of the door away from the fridge and cupboards. Drink H2O when you get up and before you go to sleep. Aim to drink 0.6floz/ lb of body weight throughout the day. It is easier than you think. Every cup or mug of coffee or tea is on average 400ml. How many of them do you have throughout the day or until you sleep?
Carry that water bottle around with you like it is some form of a God, and you know that the cup of plenty should never be empty.
Ditch your attitude and do what is right. I have done this unassisted from medication. In another 6 months I will have my precious blood removed from where it belongs for testing to which my so called doctor will sign me off from this critical illness.

Please abstain from any comments about dropping weight too fast etc... I’m not interested. I’ve done it. All I have simply done is eat fruits, vegetables, bird seeds, fish, chicken, beef, lamb, pork......

Peace, good luck

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

No matter how hard it is. Ignore the cravings and replace it with even a mere walk out of the door away from the fridge and cupboards. Drink H2O when you get up and before you go to sleep. Aim to drink 0.6floz/ lb of body weight throughout the day. It is easier than you think. Every cup or mug of coffee or tea is on average 400ml. How many of them do you have throughout the day or until you sleep?
Carry that water bottle around with you like it is some form of a God, and you know that the cup of plenty should never be empty.
Ditch your attitude and do what is right. I have done this unassisted from medication. In another 6 months I will have my precious blood removed from where it belongs for testing to which my so called doctor will sign me off from this critical illness.

Please abstain from any comments about dropping weight too fast etc... I’m not interested. I’ve done it. All I have simply done is eat fruits, vegetables, bird seeds, fish, chicken, beef, lamb, pork......

Peace, good luck
Nice one matey well done you..!

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Peace, good luck
youve done well sir.....

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Peace, good luck
Well done!!!

Dean76

Congratulations! Your weight loss is pretty amazing. But then there is the diabetes. Are you on medication or not?

I can't remember a time as an adult in which I didn't drink 6-8 pints of water a day. And I am no longer overweight for a decade now. But I still struggle as a diabetic (going on 18-20 years) even though I eat mostly what you are eating (but without the fruits because they spike me)

What do you mean by bird seeds?

We are all on a journey. Some journeys are longer and more arduous than others. And I am always ready to learn.

Bird seed? Any seed that you would find in your local pet shop for Buggies. Sunflower, Chai, Flax(minor amount per week), Pumpkin etc...