What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never understand why bacon is cooked to a crisp in the US and why you eat it with your fingers! :wideyed:

I eat it with my fingers because it's so thin it's almost impossible to pick up with a fork. Even harder to do when it's crisp. ;)
We don't all cook it to a crisp, though, it depends on individual preference. My mother liked hers crisp; I like mine fried just long enough to be cooked through.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I eat it with my fingers because it's so thin it's almost impossible to pick up with a fork. Even harder to do when it's crisp. ;)
We don't all cook it to a crisp, though, it depends on individual preference. My mother liked hers crisp; I like mine fried just long enough to be cooked through.
I like my streaky bacon crisp cause that's the way my dad fried it all those years ago. Back bacon is a different matter though.

Bacons bacon though no matter which way you cut it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Liver seems to be going into over drive earlier and earlier these days. Bed on 3.8, FBG at 3.45am was 5. And that was after trying to get back to sleep for over an hour. What sleep I did have was refreshing though. Not having much non-carnivore food, but sleep was improved on full carnivore so may have to revisit that.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me have a good day everyone
FB_IMG_1533586008544.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How was walking football?

Thanks for asking.

It was great. A really good game. Just enough of us to fill the pitch without being crowded and no need to keep subbing in and out so we all got to play the full 90 minutes. Scored a few goals too!

The ratio of women to men has increased recently and there’s a new found supportive culture - some of the guys were initially a bit hostile!

Absolutely love it.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All. Sorry to whinge but I am so fed up. My sinuses are blocked and head feels like a block of wood. Cant taste anything. Tried a pickle from a jar yesterday, crunch but couldnt taste the vinegar though could feel it grating on my teeth. Last night no appetite for dinner tried a square of 90% so smooth, comforting. Ate or sucked the whole bar. This morning 7.5 and whose fault is that I wonder.
Have a good rest of Sunday. I’m off for a nap.
Sod it PM its been an awful week for you...something you could taste...enjoy...well deserved I'd say...it's a rarity so why not enjoy it...7.5 is pretty good going for the whole bar...not your fault I blame the diabetes;).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...Monday already?...had a good sleep...had some good coffee...had a reasonable number considering the last weeks scores on the doors...I should be smiling...but there's something at the back of my mind...oh wait paperwork & blood tests tomorrow (hurrah)...woke to a 5.8

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are attached to their pets, I'm attached to my big toe, but thankfully I don't post pictures of my big toe or little toes and extremely unlikely ever to do so. But you never know.

Yesterday reading was 6.2 and this morning's was 6.4.

We went orf to ( too or two ) Mordor ( London ) to drill holes, create brick dust, hang crookedly window blinds and partly and incorrectly assemble IKEA furniture, it seems highly likely that we will be asked back.
Well folks have a good day, remembering this is the only chance you have at today, tomorrow they tell me is another day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 at 0700 which is a minor miracle. Huge thanks to you all for your good wishes. I think its time to (wo)man up now its just a cold and I do think its retreating.
@SB.25 I am sorry you are having such a rough time of it and hope you get some help when you see your Consultant this week.
@rhubarb73 what a lovely Dad and son pic days like that are very precious. Does your lad play football too? Our eldest played for the local team from U8 through to U16 and we spent all those Sun mornings out in all weather at every match. He won a Nike competition once and got to play on the old Wembly turf and we cancelled a holiday abroad to be there. Happy days.
Have a great Monday if at all possible. Stay safe, stay well.