What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@shelley262 and @Goonergal -- Thanks for the welcome back, will try not to let it lapse again. Walking football sounds like a lot of fun, @Goonergal. Do you play every week?
@ianpspurs -- You do sound a lot less stressed lately.

Blood sugars were 4.7 this morning.

Have great day everyone.
Great start for you @ziggy_w and thanks for the mention. Not totally convinced by less stressed but I haven't tested really since Dec 14ish and had no alcohol since about Boxing Day plus swapped coffee for cocoa. I also think deep down I understand huge swathes of how others deal with their condition are fascinating but not for me. Have a great day

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all
4.6 bg to welcome Monday morning
Off to take advantage of a one day free trial pass to local gym and pool with OH to see if it is something worth joining for us. I’ve never been a gym person - and not likely to change but I have noticed that my arm muscles are not as strong so hoping to get advice on exercises and / or weights, plus I do love swimming. Nicer way to spend a Monday morning than working!
Wishing everyone a good Monday and pleased @PenguinMum to hear thatyou are getting back to normal.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

thinking of a quiet day today, I seem to have a mild case of what my nephew used to call 'the sneezles' this morning but it's not too bad outside so I will probably go out for a walk later to see if the fresh air will help :)

I didn't get around to trying a carrot cake version of LC sponge yesterday, I wussed out on grating the carrot and reached for the cocoa powder instead ;)

I was in Home Bargains on Saturday and found a bag of Elizabeth Shaw 70% dark chocolate thins. I think they are intended for corporate use because they are individually wrapped,, each bit weighs around 5.5g. (so @ 2.5g of carb each), a bit higher than my usual chocolate but worth having because they are easy to carry around and portion control. If they have any left I might get a couple more bags.

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. 5.8 this morning for me. Yesterday I had a good long walk 10,000 + steps ,then a very restful day , certainly didn't eat that much and the carb level was very low, ( I dont count numbers but it was just a little salad and above ground veg) thats pretty much a normal day for me these days....

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, a disappointing 6.6 for me as I was hoping for lower after doing a 24hr fast. But hey ho, I'm sure by lunchtime it'll be lower. Proud Mum day for me today as my 16 yr old son starts his career in IT. He has worked his socks off as he hates college, and smashed his very first interview

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

thinking of a quiet day today, I seem to have a mild case of what my nephew used to call 'the sneezles' this morning but it's not too bad outside so I will probably go out for a walk later to see if the fresh air will help :)

I didn't get around to trying a carrot cake version of LC sponge yesterday, I wussed out on grating the carrot and reached for the cocoa powder instead ;)

I was in Home Bargains on Saturday and found a bag of Elizabeth Shaw 70% dark chocolate thins. I think they are intended for corporate use because they are individually wrapped,, each bit weighs around 5.5g. (so @ 2.5g of carb each), a bit higher than my usual chocolate but worth having because they are easy to carry around and portion control. If they have any left I might get a couple more bags.

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)
Hope the walk helps with the sneezles and you eventually pluck up courage to try the carrot cake sponge. Those mints sound good but not worth a 40/50 mile round trip for me unfortunately. May be worth us looking for flavourings to make dark chocolate palatable. to me now I am honest enough to admit I won't eat the huge stack we have anymore as it is.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hope the walk helps with the sneezles and you eventually pluck up courage to try the carrot cake sponge. Those mints sound good but not worth a 40/50 mile round trip for me unfortunately. May be worth us looking for flavourings to make dark chocolate palatable. to me now I am honest enough to admit I won't eat the huge stack we have anymore as it is.
Last year ( 2017) my sister gave me a chocolate making kit. Everything in it was organic including mint essence. Somehow I havent found time / motivation to get round to making it but I couldnt resist trying some of the cocoa butter which is amazingly like very, very bland chocolate. For myself I like the 90 -95% blocks which are readily and instantly available in the shops .... but making your own doesn't seem to be a massive project if you have time.... ?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 at 0700 which is a minor miracle. Huge thanks to you all for your good wishes. I think its time to (wo)man up now its just a cold and I do think its retreating.
@SB.25 I am sorry you are having such a rough time of it and hope you get some help when you see your Consultant this week.
@rhubarb73 what a lovely Dad and son pic days like that are very precious. Does your lad play football too? Our eldest played for the local team from U8 through to U16 and we spent all those Sun mornings out in all weather at every match. He won a Nike competition once and got to play on the old Wembly turf and we cancelled a holiday abroad to be there. Happy days.
Have a great Monday if at all possible. Stay safe, stay well.
So glad to hear you are feeling better. I've not been able to catch up on the forum properly for a few days so hadn't realised you were under the weather! Have a good day x

Reactions: HarryBeau

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, a 4.9 at 0700.
Have a great day if you can, just cherishing my marathon four hours sleep last night sans coughing. Will the word “sans” still work on here post Brexit?
After Brexit "sans" will only work in certain situations which are yet to be determined . As I type a well paid committee is being set up to decide where and when it will be appropriate. The committee is publicly funded and are paid by the hour and headed by politicians so the decision may be some time in arriving....

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today which I am very pleased with due to me eating out about 5 times last week for one celebration or another. Including a Chinese meal on Saturday night!

I fitted my libre last night. I want to be able to talk about it in my talk on the 27th. And give a demo. But I was disappointed as I don't thing the reader is working. Started with a reading of 4.2, 30 mins later I was at 2.7, then 2.2 then it just said LO!!!! 4.2 again this morning. Just done it now and it corresponds with my codefree at 6.1!!! I will see how I get on today but I'm not holding out much hope for getting accurate readings.

Happy Monday to everyone.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To be honest though I do like dark chocolate I some times snag a couple of chunks off Judith's Cadbury's Oreo bar two chunks works out to about 5gms of carbohydrate so not all that bad occasionally.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up this morning to a 9.7. Very happy to be in single figures! Let’s hope that this will be a good week :)
Lets hope you get a confirmed diagnosis this week SB...it seems such a long wait for confirmation...how frustrating for you.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An average of a couple of readings gives me a disappointing 6.2 this morning. Maybe lack of exercise yesterday, maybe a slightly higher carb than usual dinner. It seems there is no such thing as a day of rest allowed any more.
@PenguinMum I’m glad you’re finally on the mend.
@shelley262 enjoy your gym day. I love swimming too but don’t like the palaver associated with getting hair dry etc in the winter.
@SB.25 I hope your appointment this week gives you some useful info, at least a diagnosis. Good to see you in single figures today.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
An average of a couple of readings gives me a disappointing 6.2 this morning. Maybe lack of exercise yesterday, maybe a slightly higher carb than usual dinner. It seems there is no such thing as a day of rest allowed any more.
@PenguinMum I’m glad you’re finally on the mend.
@shelley262 enjoy your gym day. I love swimming too but don’t like the palaver associated with getting hair dry etc in the winter.
@SB.25 I hope your appointment this week gives you some useful info, at least a diagnosis. Good to see you in single figures today.
Thank you! I’m even more surprised they have stayed at 9 this morning and not yet shot up :)