What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All. Sorry to whinge but I am so fed up. My sinuses are blocked and head feels like a block of wood. Cant taste anything. Tried a pickle from a jar yesterday, crunch but couldnt taste the vinegar though could feel it grating on my teeth. Last night no appetite for dinner tried a square of 90% so smooth, comforting. Ate or sucked the whole bar. This morning 7.5 and whose fault is that I wonder.
Have a good rest of Sunday. I’m off for a nap.
Sending big hugs penguinmum get well soon x

Reactions: jjraak

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi All. Sorry to whinge but I am so fed up. My sinuses are blocked and head feels like a block of wood. Cant taste anything. Tried a pickle from a jar yesterday, crunch but couldnt taste the vinegar though could feel it grating on my teeth. Last night no appetite for dinner tried a square of 90% so smooth, comforting. Ate or sucked the whole bar. This morning 7.5 and whose fault is that I wonder.
Have a good rest of Sunday. I’m off for a nap.
Get well soon

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. It's been a busy week at work and have been catching up on 15 pages of posts this morning.

Wonderful to see that most of you suffering from the cold seem to be on the mend. Also, it seems that some records with respect to fbgs have been set this week. Congrats.

Fbgs reading for me last week were 4.9, 5.0, 5.3, 4.7, 4.9, 4.8 and 5.0.

Enjoy what remains of the weekend everyone.
Welcome back @ziggy_w hope next week a good one

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
That’s scary
hello, yes was a bit scary to have such high numbers.

However, since increasing my insulin at the end of last week, I have managed to get more single figures. Today I even managed a 6.8 before lunch!

Last night I was 7.6 before bed - which has been unheard of since I was diagnosed in November! I had a bit of a panic though as I was concerned I would keep dropping so ate a small amount of chocolate before bed (I didn't fancy my first hypo being alone in a hotel room on the other side of the country). This ended up me waking to 10.6 - which is better than the 13 yesterday.

I'm struggling as every time I get to around 7, I instantly feel sick and shaky. I guess this is because my body isn't used to running at this level and it probably thinks I am 'low'. I need to learn not to panic I need to get used to these levels!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. You're not being pathetic. Can you call in to your doctor for some antibiotics or something?

@Chronicle_Cat you are doing great! Congratulations!

@neithskye I hope the soreness wears off soon!

@jjraak
yellow.gif
I slept through the whole game and missed the opp to see if I could spot @rhubarb73 behind the goalpost with his son!

Reactions: HarryBeau

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @karen8967 I know I am being pathetic. No 1 son here for the day so have cheered up a bit and he is cooking chicken, brocolli and cauli for our supper. Isnt it bloomin cold today!
Your not being pathetic at all its great when our sons spoil us i have 2 no daughters and yes it is blooming cold today take care

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello, yes was a bit scary to have such high numbers.

However, since increasing my insulin at the end of last week, I have managed to get more single figures. Today I even managed a 6.8 before lunch!

Last night I was 7.6 before bed - which has been unheard of since I was diagnosed in November! I had a bit of a panic though as I was concerned I would keep dropping so ate a small amount of chocolate before bed (I didn't fancy my first hypo being alone in a hotel room on the other side of the country). This ended up me waking to 10.6 - which is better than the 13 yesterday.

I'm struggling as every time I get to around 7, I instantly feel sick and shaky. I guess this is because my body isn't used to running at this level and it probably thinks I am 'low'. I need to learn not to panic I need to get used to these levels!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)
You WILL get there sb25

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
You WILL get there sb25
Yes I WILL that's for sure.

Could just do without feeling sick and shaky every time I get to 'normal levels' as it is very frustrating! Especially when I can be 17 then drop down to 6 within the space of 2 hours:hungover:. I think most people in that situation would want to air on the side of caution and have some sugar to stop it dropping dramatically further....

Seeing the consultant on Friday so hoping he can give me some more advice and maybe actually give me a diagnosis.... :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 31235
The little guy had a great day. Chinese New Year celebrations in Manc were really good and then 6-0 v Chelsea.
I’ll have to catch up with Spurs on MOTD2 later.

What a great pic! I'm glad y'all had such a great time. I missed watching the game but saw the score during halftime of the filmed rugby match, and cheered City again. :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I WILL that's for sure.

Could just do without feeling sick and shaky every time I get to 'normal levels' as it is very frustrating! Especially when I can be 17 then drop down to 6 within the space of 2 hours:hungover:. I think most people in that situation would want to air on the side of caution and have some sugar to stop it dropping dramatically further....

Seeing the consultant on Friday so hoping he can give me some more advice and maybe actually give me a diagnosis.... :)
Its a horrible feeling but the more you are at them levels the easier it will get ive been through the same myself the trick is not to panic which is a lot easier said than done xx

Reactions: DJC3 and OrsonKartt

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 31235
The little guy had a great day. Chinese New Year celebrations in Manc were really good and then 6-0 v Chelsea.
I’ll have to catch up with Spurs on MOTD2 later.

great pic, @rhubarb73

and have to say you picked a spectacularly good day to go watch the team.....

City were outstanding from what i saw of MOTD..radio seemed to make it slightly easier, then it looked,
we gave it a good go, until we fell apart at the back

Highuan & chelsea had chances but the city keeper was good enough all day long to stop us.
and aguero...was just awesome.

Well done to the team, well done to your lad..:)

Last edited: