Heart Rate

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s actually all interesting stuff and must mean something. But trying to sit down with a GP for long enough to look into it thoroughly just seems unlikely.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Snap. I miss quite a few beats, so often will sit down and use the old method to count to 100 and see how many I miss, often a couple.

I had a 72 hour ECG last year looking for A-Fib. No A-Fib at all, but ectopics. It showed that over those 3 days my ectopics were 2.6% of all beats. They don't worry until it reaches 20% apparently.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I can get them at my GP's surgery if he feels it is needed, I also get one whenever I see my Cardiologist
Here in my country GP's can recommend ECG and tests Diabetes can get this kind of problems specifically if they has cholesterol

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well. I checked my blood pressure meter against the one in the local pharmacy and they were pretty close, especially on the heart rate.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I know this isn’t exactly diabetes per se though it might well be. But do any of us know about our pulse rate at rest and levels expected. I recently bought a blood pressure monitor that also measures pulse rate and at certain times I am registering well below 60 bpm including low to mid 50s.

Should I be concerned?

Hi resting heart rate in the 50`s is OK but can be a problem if lower than 50, you didn’t say if you are on any blood pressure medicine, especially a beta blocker that works by slowing your heart rate.

My resting heart rate is always in the 50`s and I am 68 years old

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi resting heart rate in the 50`s is OK but can be a problem if lower than 50, you didn’t say if you are on any blood pressure medicine, especially a beta blocker that works by slowing your heart rate.

My resting heart rate is always in the 50`s and I am 68 years old
I am on a Ramipril and Doxazosin combo for blood pressure.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you read up about these drugs to see if they can cause a lower heart rate?
No I haven’t. It’s probably a good idea. It did cross my mind today. But hadn’t previously considered anything like that. I won’t be seeing anyone from my GP practice for about 10 days so will also ask them.

Brian in Blackpool has certainly got me wondering. Though what I take in the way of medication are not beta blockers.

Later. There is nothing to suggest either of the two meds do slow the heart rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
coincidental maybe...BUT

i started Gym a few weeks back
graduated to weights room... liked it.

Always had a weights bench @ weights lurking in cupboard..lifted back in the day
so dug it out popped the weights on and use most nights.
( 20kg + bar weight ...just about does me at moment...for the moment ..lol)

but i notice from my tracker, that resting heart rate is now in low to mid 50's.. so some things improved it
either way, a happy chappie..

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
coincidental maybe...BUT

i started Gym a few weeks back
graduated to weights room... liked it.

Always had a weights bench @ weights lurking in cupboard..lifted back in the day
so dug it out popped the weights on and use most nights.
( 20kg + bar weight ...just about does me at moment...for the moment ..lol)

but i notice from my tracker, that resting heart rate is now in low to mid 50's.. so some things improved it
either way, a happy chappie..
Okay. What was it before you got back to the exercise?

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
oh ...do let me look at my previous post for you...;)

Got me a Mi-fit tracker...(great value) say's early hours and in bed resting heart rate, running mid-high 40's. once up or.at work resting heart rate higher,,found same as you on web..:nurse:
bothered me enough to mention it...heart scans say all ok, just waiting for holster reading to turn up..:rolleyes:

At heart check, discussed with nurse WHY i was concerned, so asked me to checks at same time..
she measured using the
NHS multi millions (probably) equipment..57 bpm..
Mifit (£26 amazon) 58 bpm..that'll do for me.

btw, do run, but think more lacklustre C25K, rather then olympic gold athlete ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just bye the bye as a matter of interest or disinterest as the case may be.

this morning when I checked :
BP 109/70
HR 56
SpO2 95%

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just bye the bye as a matter of interest or disinterest as the case may be.

this morning when I checked :
BP 109/70
HR 56
SpO2 95%
That blood pressure looks good, John. Pretty close to my wife’s when she tested the other night.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just completed a form for my GP using my meter at home. It comprises 3 sets of readings at rest each day for 3 days taking the overall average.

They came out at an overall average of 140/81 and at 61bpm. But that’s with medication.

But they are over a week old now and this evening the figures were 131/80 and 67 bpm at rest. Maybe the lower carbing etc has helped? I must be doing something right.

Last edited: