Heart Rate

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a good handle on the blood pressure figures. It was the heart rate that caught me by by surprise. It was lower than I expected and when I looked it up, much on the internet suggested below 60 was concerning if one wasn’t an Olympic athlete or the like.

I am sitting at a desk in the recommended posture for the readings.

Got me a Mi-fit tracker...(great value) say's early hours and in bed resting heart rate, running mid-high 40's. once up or.at work resting heart rate higher,,found same as you on web..:nurse:
bothered me enough to mention it...heart scans say all ok, just waiting for holster reading to turn up..:rolleyes:

At heart check, discussed with nurse WHY i was concerned, so asked me to checks at same time..
she measured using the
NHS multi millions (probably) equipment..57 bpm..
Mifit (£26 amazon) 58 bpm..that'll do for me.

btw, do run, but think more lacklustre C25K, rather then olympic gold athlete ;)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got me a Mi-fit tracker...(great value) say's early hours and in bed resting heart rate, running mid-high 40's. once up or.at work resting heart rate higher,,found same as you on web..:nurse:
bothered me enough to mention it...heart scans say all ok, just waiting for holster reading to turn up..:rolleyes:

At heart check, discussed with nurse WHY i was concerned, so asked me to checks at same time..
she measured using the
NHS multi millions (probably) equipment..57 bpm..
Mifit (£26 amazon) 58 bpm..that'll do for me.

btw, do run, but think more lacklustre C25K, rather then olympic gold athlete ;)

So you can track back historically throughout a 24 hour period?

I see mine seems to drop below 60 if at rest and really chilled out. Rather than at rest with an active mind. There seems to be two levels of at rest with me. Which matches your drop in levels when resting in bed.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Screenshot_20190211-203027.png

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
on the idea that a picture paints a thousand words..da-da

and then...oops...bigger then i thought..
but that's the level of detail..not quite a fitbit..but not too bad

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
on the idea that a picture paints a thousand words..da0da

and then...oops...bigger then i thought..
but that's the level of detail..not quite a fitbit..but not too bad
I see, the wonders of modern technology. Very useful indeed.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed.

Got it for the steps
Ended up fascinated by my sleep pattern.
The heart was a bonus.

When I got I was..."will I even use it :rolleyes:"
Now it's, " how did I manage without it :bookworm: "

Haha....good luck, fella.:D

Reactions: Listlad

Davie_sett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
im 26 and a I think my resting heart rate is around 65 during exercise it can be around 180+ for a hour

D

Deleted member 308541

everybody have diabetes he needs to cheek his heart with ECG that can tell him about heart future
I can get them at my GP's surgery if he feels it is needed, I also get one whenever I see my Cardiologist

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
AS I have stents for AAA I get an annual check at the hospital

At the moment my fitness tracker is giving 60 bpm my finger pulse oximeter on the other hand is showing 53

Reactions: Listlad

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
AS I have stents for AAA I get an annual check at the hospital

At the moment my fitness tracker is giving 60 bpm my finger pulse oximeter on the other hand is showing 53

Do you have an irregular heart beat such as ectopic beats? (I have ectopics) If so, these machines can be unreliable according to my GP.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have an irregular heart beat such as ectopic beats? (I have ectopics) If so, these machines can be unreliable according to my GP.

Snap. I miss quite a few beats, so often will sit down and use the old method to count to 100 and see how many I miss, often a couple.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. The machine has a built in check function for irregular heart beat. So far “the computer says no” irregularity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just measured it this morning after breakfast, BP meds and a shower and it is around 80. The blood pressure comes down inversely when the at rest heart beat is higher. And vice versa. Am tracking it daily right now to see if there is a pattern developing.

Reactions: jjraak