Gonna try and beat this

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Good evening everyone, I just wanted to line out some goals for myself and ask some questions here as an update.

Getting myself started with keto now and intermittent fasting because I feel so full at mealtimes now it is not even funny. Question one is the 16:8 an effective fasting method for everyday? Second of all even with my binge last year would it still be possible to turn this around so I can reverse some of the damage? I don’t mind being on metformin as there are some stated benefits but I really want to get off sitagliptin after all I’ve read about it.

Honestly I really wanted to show some progress too because of the advice you’ve all given me, the first pic being this time last year soon after diagnosis and the second is me last week heading to my job interview (which I got by the way!)

I feel better than I have in years and a thousand times more optimistic, I want to live a full and happy life despite this disease and give then complications the distinct shape of the middle finger.

Now to just get rid of some other lingering health issues I have too.

1110D83F-9EC2-49DE-BAED-7126603F3109.jpeg
6EE75B07-A92C-4514-AA39-0134D88CE149.jpeg

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpscloud

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on your weight loss and your new job! I am a newbie to LCHF/IF so will let someone else give you better advice, but my understanding is that as long as you feel ok with it, and your weight is doing what you want it to, 16:8 is fine to do every day.

Reactions: jjraak

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening everyone, I just wanted to line out some goals for myself and ask some questions here as an update.
Congratulations on your progress and your job! I doubt it's too late for anything, really... You're going at this full tilt, and time is on your side here. I'm okay on 16:8 myself, (skip breakfast), found it easier to do than fasting two days a week. And keto too... Just keep in mind that sitagliptin can cause hypo's, and with your current regime that could certainly happen, so keep your doc informed, and the jellybabies AND your meter handy. I don't know what your other issues are, but who knows, they might improve on this diet/regime too.

Be proud of yourself. And hopeful for the future. It's merited. :)

Reactions: jpscloud

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @Caeseji ..nice job so far..and nailed the interview as well..congrats.

Loads on here re fasting, not gone there myself yet .I still get all messed up if I go too long without food. so the best I do is stop eating early in the evening, and then try and eat later the next morning...22 hours my best effort so far, ..but any fasting gives the liver and pancreas less work to do, so that can't be Bad...(that's why snacking is bad..it just makes us hose down our insides with insulin with each extra snack ..overworking a damaged system is no way to help it repair itself.)

But if you feel up to it, what ya got to lose...we are made to go without food, it's how we save ourselves, when their is no food available....so a day or so shouldn't cause too much pain..IF you feel up to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kokhongw

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for all the utterly brilliant advice all and for the encouragement! Means the absolute world to me Apologies for not getting back till now, myself and my Dad have been ripping my room to pieces and renovating it, suffice to say we didn’t think we would find shower feed pipes in my cupboard but we won’t go there. I really appreciate the heads up on the sitagliptin @JoKalsbeek and I’ve been monitoring myself. I decided to be cheeky and not take it for a night or two and my bloods have been around the same level of the 5’s and never going over the mid 6 range so keto must be working. Suffice to say too that I have gone from a 56-54 inch waist to today? 48! I mean... Only been a month and I am over the moon.

Again I cannot thank you all enough for the support you’ve given me.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all the utterly brilliant advice all and for the encouragement! Means the absolute world to me Apologies for not getting back till now, myself and my Dad have been ripping my room to pieces and renovating it, suffice to say we didn’t think we would find shower feed pipes in my cupboard but we won’t go there. I really appreciate the heads up on the sitagliptin @JoKalsbeek and I’ve been monitoring myself. I decided to be cheeky and not take it for a night or two and my bloods have been around the same level of the 5’s and never going over the mid 6 range so keto must be working. Suffice to say too that I have gone from a 56-54 inch waist to today? 48! I mean... Only been a month and I am over the moon.

Wow! Those results have to be a fabulous motivator?

Reactions: Caeseji
M

Member496333

That is very encouraging and you are surely over the moon. Please remain vigilant with self-monitoring in relation to glucose lowering meds and dietary ketosis. Keep up the good work and keep enjoying the results!

Reactions: Caeseji

Colourfull500

Wow! Those results have to be a fabulous motivator?
Hi to you
Great well done I went lo carb last year and lost 2 stone so need to do the same again(winter)got in the way so hopefully I can get back on to doing the same again this year.
Keep up doing what you are doing obviously is working for you.

Colourfull500.

Reactions: Caeseji and jjraak

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm so proud of you. :)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh trust me it really is such a great motivator @DCUKMod I feel so energised and ready for life, my bipolar swings are less severe now and it’s really helped me move forwards. I’ll be keeping an eye on things @Jim Lahey as I know it could work to my detriment if I am not careful, I have my review in two weeks with the main clinic than the nurse so hopefully I can get something put together.

Good luck to you too though @Colourfull500 I know you can do this! I’m finding LCHF easier than other diets because of the fact that most of the foods on it are what I enjoy. Not even missing sweets at all!