Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ah, those take me back too, @Chook. Love playing Meatloaf up full! Can't stop dancing (or rather my version of dancing) round the room to this at the moment:

I love Santana - one of the first bands I saw live (many many moons ago).

Reactions: Prancy

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
And the mood this Monday is.... chill. I am listening to actual, yes actual, vinyl. Best to up the bass a little imo.

Gregory (Lock up your daughters) Isaacs. Enjoy!

Reactions: Sue192

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
A classical musician here (who does have rock-n-roll roots too). Yesterday my 91 yo mom and I were sitting in the car drinking our Starbux, listening on the radio to stuff from last year’s US Spoleto Festival. A fabulous rendition of Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody #2, with an extended improvisatory section as Liszt intended. The pianist solicited tunes from the audience, and managed to work in The Girl From Ipanema, Beethoven 5, and the theme from Rocky. The segue from Ipanema to Beethoven had me gasping with laughter. A good time was had by all!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I stumbled across Devin Townsend over the weekend. Canadian vocalist/guitarist - pretty heavy but do check out "Kingdom"- incredible voice

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The last “set” I enjoyed was Madness on BBC on New Years Eve. Suggs didnt even break sweat, coolest man of the night. Moi danced around the sitting room singing along to Baggy Trousers! And “our House” and “Welcome to the House of Fun”. Love it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
What an AMAZING voice! I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
This one does it for me - Alter Bridge - It All Ends Well - helps me when I'm in the dark places..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Holy thread revival....lol.

Been a while, lots been going on to keep me focused on other aspects of my health.

Considerably down since accident some days & I now find I need a little goto music to help chill me out at various times.

The first was a favourite earlier this year, & soothed a much troubled mind greatly.

The 2nd is a favourite because now I've been on the darker side, its made me appreciate how tempting & why people can put on a 'face' of normality just to get by and not scare or alienate their loved ones.

It raises me up, because I've been there....and I'm still here...TG

The words resonate for me.
Now I know how masked those inner demons can be, I try to keep a better eye on those I love.

Nb forum let's you play YouTube, but for sound you need to actually click & visit on YouTube

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Lainie71

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I usually avoid cake, but I really like this song. Lol It’s a rather funny video. Wait for song to start after guys stop speaking. Warning, adult language.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I usually avoid cake, but I really like this song. Lol It’s a rather funny video. Wait for song to start after guys stop speaking. Warning, adult language.

I'm 40 years out of the demographic, sadly.
But inside I buck the age gap...lol....

And I also loved that when I first heard it.

So full of youthful joy & love of life .

Cheers for reminding me of it

Reactions: Prancy

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 40 years out of the demographic, sadly.
But inside I buck the age gap...lol....

And I also loved that when I first heard it.

So full of youthful joy & love of life .

Cheers for reminding me of it
Me too! But, I’ve been bitten by a crazy bug since going on my fitness kick.lol I listen to music while working out everyday at the gym and am enjoying lots of new and old music. There really is so much out there. Here’s one from my childhood that popped up recently in my shuffle. It had me dancing all the way through the parking lot to my car. Lol