Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
had a phone call while in work inviting me for an interview for a new job as yous all know im getting made redundant in 2 weeks so fingers crossed i can go straight into another job and its only a 15 min walk from where i live so would be brill :happy:

Karen keep us informed
Hope you get the job sweetie x

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks helen x im on fiasp but not a pump but i find it doesnt last once out of fridge most of the time i end up changing vial when its 3/4 used

I have the same problem, and with Levemir too, despite frios and seeking the shade. These new dangled insulin’s are great but they seem much flakier than the old stuff.
I’ve also found the lead in time varies which is annoying, but I really wouldn’t want to go back to novoslow.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
New dangled? Oh, dear, there goes my pred text again - it’s got a naughty imagination too and a bad case of apostrophe confetti.

Reactions: kitedoc

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
She’s adorable, will it be her?

Yes that’s her
There were 3 girls and the breeder called them after chocolate but said we can call her a name of our choice

One was called Galaxy, the other Minstrel and this girl was called Wispa

We kind of like Wispa so we’re gonna stick with it

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Cumberland Wispa! So ironically appropriate for a diabetic.
@Fairygodmother mum had hers done at 2pm was out of bed at 5 and home the following morning Hope it all goes well.
Had a month of straight lines on the Libre with 88% in target then.... err high levels. Have I done or eaten anything different? Nope! This disease is impossible to predict. Have gone from level 5s to nothing below 8, no matter what I put in. Changed insulins and sites, has it made any difference, nope! It makes me not want to eat. Sorry for rambling, disheartened!
Anybody who says it’s all about food and ratios

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@becca59, it is all about food and ratios, and............and.....................and....................and.................and.................and......................I could go on,.....................and on,..........................and on............................................. :eek::hilarious:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Cumberland Wispa! So ironically appropriate for a diabetic.
@Fairygodmother mum had hers done at 2pm was out of bed at 5 and home the following morning Hope it all goes well.
Had a month of straight lines on the Libre with 88% in target then.... err high levels. Have I done or eaten anything different? Nope! This disease is impossible to predict. Have gone from level 5s to nothing below 8, no matter what I put in. Changed insulins and sites, has it made any difference, nope! It makes me not want to eat. Sorry for rambling, disheartened!
Anybody who says it’s all about food and ratios
Sending hugs becca x

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Keeping everything crossed for you, @karen8967 !

Inset day done and dusted, we had training on “adverse childhood events” and how to spot children who have damaging circumstances. Very interesting, follows on from some of the safeguarding stuff I did in my CFR training. The school had provided an extensive brunch, with not a single thing I could eat, sadly - I didn’t know it was even a thing, so there was no chance for me to mention dietary requirements. Looked good though - loads of cold meats and cheeses, breads, pastries, posh biscuity type things etc. Most of the teachers had a couple of platefuls :D I had coffee.

Taking the teenager for his helicopter flight tomorrow, weather permitting. And then finding somewhere to watch the Wales:England game. I’m not optimistic, the England team are pretty unstoppable right now...

@Cumberland - she’s gorgeous! I suppose Moser Roth 85% wasn’t so catchy for a name ;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keeping everything crossed for you, @karen8967 !

Inset day done and dusted, we had training on “adverse childhood events” and how to spot children who have damaging circumstances. Very interesting, follows on from some of the safeguarding stuff I did in my CFR training. The school had provided an extensive brunch, with not a single thing I could eat, sadly - I didn’t know it was even a thing, so there was no chance for me to mention dietary requirements. Looked good though - loads of cold meats and cheeses, breads, pastries, posh biscuity type things etc. Most of the teachers had a couple of platefuls :D I had coffee.

Taking the teenager for his helicopter flight tomorrow, weather permitting. And then finding somewhere to watch the Wales:England game. I’m not optimistic, the England team are pretty unstoppable right now...

@Cumberland - she’s gorgeous! I suppose Moser Roth 85% wasn’t so catchy for a name ;)
Thanks mel

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was a momentous day. I had a lovely Italian meal out at lunchtime (to cheer me up after the failure to get blood out of me woes of the morning) pasta, followed by cheesecake which needed a wild guess for insulin and the long walk effect. I kept beautifully steady around 7 for the four hours afterward whilst I was walking but shot up to 14 at the 5 hours mark. However, the corrections with the evening meal were spot on, and I woke up with the best morning figure for ages.

Today, it took a different nurse one attempt, with a passing comment of "You've got good veins" and I celebrated that with a Greggs cheese and onion bake, which is a known occasional out whilst walking meal and arrived home on a 4.7!

It wasn't me who was getting the GP on-line system wrong, it was the receptionist who hadn't ticked all the right boxes whilst getting me set up! Now just need someone to do the last bits of that and hopefully that will all be up and running asap.