Reactions: karen8967

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi All, Scott invited me over to join you guys as it is my first day on the Forum.
I can see that this is where all the Experts hang out.

As I have got you all in the same place I have a question:
"Do you ever get bored of newbies asking the same questions over and over?"

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All, Scott invited me over to join you guys as it is my first day on the Forum.

Not at all we were all newbies ourselves at one time welcome to the forum capt-slog

Reactions: Cumberland

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Short answer, @Capt-Slog, no, I don’t, we were all new once. I’ve learned more from this forum than I learned in the 44 years before I joined!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Night night everyone. I’m so full of food after tonight I may have to swiftly reinforce the mattress. Brazilian chilli pork, Sicilian lemon tart and watermelon followed by halva - black beans in the chilli so despite a surprising 6.4 now there’ll be an alarm to check for the late comers to the party. It was worth it, though I say so myself - one of the best chillis I’ve cooked. Must be a fluke.

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Short answer, @Capt-Slog, no, I don’t, we were all new once. I’ve learned more from this forum than I learned in the 44 years before I joined!
That's true. I had suffered with diabetes for 7 years before attending my first meeting. The guys there were so supportive and I learned such a lot in just 1 hour.
The next DAY I learnt that i was not type 2 as I had been told, but was in fact Lada.
It was a relief in a way as I had been unable to understand how I could not correct my diabetes no matter what I did with my diet.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi @Capt-Slog Welcome to the thread!

I'm not an expert, really, just a year into LADA, though 4 years in on this diabetes malarkey. (Similar story to your own, I guess.) I'm too grateful for all the help I've had directly and indirectly from those who've been at it for years not to pass on the help when asked. If I'm getting bored or narky with questions from newbies it's time for me to step away from the internet (or check my blood sugars!)