Overthinking; A sign of low BG

naseriax

Hi,
I have recently found that when im low, i will start overthinking and all the problems of the world will strike my brain and i will consider the worst possible outcomes for almost everything in my life.
I will suddenly realize that i may be low, I do measure, i find myself with a 40-65 range and then i underestand why everything is so bad and unfortunate.(Ah, thats a relief, everything is not that unfortunate after all, im just low)

Would be happy to hear if other T1D mates have the same experience or other T1D people underestand that this is the reason for their Overthinking:)
Im a 32 Years old with half of my life being diabetic.
I was 40 mg when is was writing it, sorry for typos

Last edited:

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @naseriax, Hypos can make me feel depressed and yes, everything feels multiple times worse. And I think I keep trying to find answers and my brain cannot think outside the square in that state. And that makes things more frustrating !!!
At other times, more when I think the adrenaline is working, I have imaginings of new inventions and ways of doing things. It feels like a physical high after a race....until either I start to feel better and BSLs show a rise or I descend into the morass of worries.
Of course the wild imaginings usually come to nought but every so often a spark of something arrives and another problem is solved in the normal BSL part of my world. Not that I am recommending hypos for inspiration of any sort !!!

naseriax

Hi @naseriax, Hypos can make me feel depressed and yes, everything feels multiple times worse. And I think I keep trying to find answers and my brain cannot think outside the square in that state. And that makes things more frustrating !!!
At other times, more when I think the adrenaline is working, I have imaginings of new inventions and ways of doing things. It feels like a physical high after a race....until either I start to feel better and BSLs show a rise or I descend into the morass of worries.
Of course the wild imaginings usually come to nought but every so often a spark of something arrives and another problem is solved in the normal BSL part of my world. Not that I am recommending hypos for inspiration of any sort !!!

That seems to be a good ability ;), Thanks for sharing, but what i feel is when I'm awake and Its like all the problem of the world are related to me and i have to be worried for them which suddenly reminds me to check my BG :). Well, One way to detect it.