ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have put this in here as wasn't really sure where else to put it.
In no way and I looking for sympathy but I have mentioned in the past about my very dry mouth, even having my gp constantly saying its because I snore.
On Monday my psych couldn't believe that nothing had been done about my mouth. Yesterday, he called the hospital ENT dept. In December, I did have biopsies on my tongue. Which turned out I should never gave gone to oral dept.
I was given an appt at ENT this morning. Had camera down my nose to look at vocal cords. Found some lesions which Dr's want biopsies done. Am now awaiting for an assessnt to have general op but there is a chance that can't be done because of alot of swelling in the throat area.
Either way, I will have speech theopy to help save my voice.
The point of this post is, please any member who has a sore dry mouth, please kuck up a fuss to get seen, or at least be seen by the right team at the hospital.
Xxx

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m so sorry you have another fight to fight Ally, I hope you get a diagnosis and treatment soon. And as always you’re thinking of others, bless you xx I absolutely agree, it’s always worth speaking out to get what you need

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I know alot of members might be scared to make a fuss. Especially as NHS are cutting back. But sometimes, we get nowhere uf a fuss isn't made

Reactions: Hungry19

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry you've got something else on your plate @ally1 - you are so right about sticking up for ourselves - as my lovely Mam used to say "the squeaky wheel gets the most oil" - sending you strength and hugs x

Reactions: SimonCrox and ally1

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @ally1 , you'ev had such a raw deal in life of late. I really do wish you lived closer to me; not because I necessarily think your luck would be better, but at least I could give you a big proper hug.

I've said it before, but I think I'm a little bit in love (in a wholeseome way) with your Psych Doc. There's a man who knows how to look after his patients.

Keep us in the loop Ally. People here want to support you in whatever way they can.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Oh @ally1 , you'ev had such a raw deal in life of late. I really do wish you lived closer to me; not because I necessarily think your luck would be better, but at least I could give you a big proper hug.

I've said it before, but I think I'm a little bit in love (in a wholeseome way) with your Psych Doc. There's a man who knows how to look after his patients.

Keep us in the loop Ally. People here want to support you in whatever way they can.
Thank you. Technically I should have been discharged a couple of years ago from my psych but am hanging on by a thread because he knows I am not getting help that I need. Well apart from the ENT now because of him. He has written so many times about various things he requested and nothing has been done by my gp.
I know the NHS is very stretched and gp,s are cutting back on referring people to hospital. I understand that. But psych and me both know that my issue with my mouth has got worse. To me to the point that maybe it's now too late to make any difference re my mouth

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver

That's why I post about the way I have been treated because no doubt there are many members here that are being treated the way I have and are frightened or scared to do anything.

Reactions: tina_marie

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news @ally1 ........so pleased for you, I know how wearing a dry mouth can be........just make sure you re-order in good time and don't let him put you off..........(((((((BIG HUG))))))).....

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay, @ally1 - at last something to help you in the meantime. I'd likely echo @satindoll 's sentiments on ordering early, as this may not be too commonly prescribed (I don't know!), and I'd hate to think you might get some respite then have delays with supplies.

Might be worth mentioning to the pharmacist it's on your repeat next time you see them.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Great news @ally1 ........so pleased for you, I know how wearing a dry mouth can be........just make sure you re-order in good time and don't let him put you off..........(((((((BIG HUG))))))).....
Thank you. I will certainly order the next one in good time

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Yay, @ally1 - at last something to help you in the meantime. I'd likely echo @satindoll 's sentiments on ordering early, as this may not be too commonly prescribed (I don't know!), and I'd hate to think you might get some respite then have delays with supplies.

Might be worth mentioning to the pharmacist it's on your repeat next time you see them.
Yes I will

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Update. Had a phone call from pre op assessnt dept just now. They asked why I hadn't turned up twice for my pre op. Explained I had no letters from them.
Here my mind boggles, they had sent the letters to the address I lived at 30 years ago. I wouldn't have even been referred to ipswich hospital while living there. So no idea how they would have that address. The lady that called me couldn't understand that and why I have a land-line number that doesn't even cover Newmarket. Also they wondered why I had a gp surgery where I live now and would have the very old address.
Yet the ENT dept and Neurology dept have my present address and have received letters from them.
This can only happen to me. Good job it isn't a serious op or life threatening op as pre op dept have wrong address.