15.4 today yet I feel ok

Anyway have a really good weekend

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! (Just )

Dirty diesel has made light work of weekend traffic at both Manchester and Birmingham so I'm well ahead of schedule. Pulled in on the M5 for a bit to have some brunch and a tea.

All behaving well with BG - took my usual driving correction and I've a fairly flattish xDrip graph.

@Jaylee that's bad luck with the car - hope it's sorted soon. Maybe give the Mazda some TLC and have some fun in it? Newer cars I've driven in recent years have invariably felt like expensive disappointments.

Reactions: Cumberland

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings fellow teabags/colanders/pin cushions hope we are all doing well

Ooooh this type 1 lark is infuriating is it not. Got my pump on Wednesday but for 1st 6 days its just water going in. The idea is to get us used to wearing it, playing about with menus etc. So far so good. We have also to keep a food diary, BG readings and insulin taken

So pretty much for past long while I take my Novorapid in morning about 7am and by 10 am it will have gone up from about BG of 6 to a BG of 11+, before it drops back to BG of 6 for lunchtime. Is this happening when I am recording all of my figures so they can then calculate my setting s for my pump Of course NOT

My BG since Wednesday afternoon until have been perfect, all day all night and overnight. Had a slight low of BG 4.4 and a couple of slight high BG 8.9 and thats it Been in target of 4.5--8.5 about 90% of time which for me is unheard of.

Wonder if I may have a wee fight on my hands when they come to input my dosages

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon everyone interview seemed to go well will get a phone call in the next week or so called in to see the ninjas on our way back from shopping our ninja alex had his belt presentation today hes on cloud nine he just melts my heart he said nanny if your ever in trouble il protect you because im a proper ninja now
IMG-20190302-WA0000.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

Ooooh this type 1 lark is infuriating is it not. Got my pump on Wednesday but for 1st 6 days its just water going in. The idea is to get us used to wearing it, playing about with menus etc. So far so good. We have also to keep a food diary, BG readings and insulin taken

So pretty much for past long while I take my Novorapid in morning about 7am and by 10 am it will have gone up from about BG of 6 to a BG of 11+, before it drops back to BG of 6 for lunchtime. Is this happening when I am recording all of my figures so they can then calculate my setting s for my pump Of course NOT

My BG since Wednesday afternoon until have been perfect, all day all night and overnight. Had a slight low of BG 4.4 and a couple of slight high BG 8.9 and thats it Been in target of 4.5--8.5 about 90% of time which for me is unheard of.

The Medtronic rep and DSN put my readings etc into a computer which worked out a basic basal profile setting to get me started. It wasn't too far out. I am a tinkerer and after a week or so was tinkering with my basal settings. They are not too far out at the moment...getting pretty straight lines on Xdrip

Quoted content edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Home from work, it was agood day apart from a 2.4 hypo before I left, feeling shattered and need to do the online survey for the product, but just want to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hope your day has been a good one x

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Medtronic rep and DSN put my readings etc into a computer which worked out a basic basal profile setting to get me started. It wasn't too far out. I am a tinkerer and after a week or so was tinkering with my basal settings. They are not too far out at the moment...getting pretty straight lines on Xdrip

Hi @porl69 I am certainly expecting a number of changes over the next few weeks/months with my setting s until I managed to get it just about right most of time. Will be a lot of trial and error methinks.

How are you enjoying your new pump,

Reactions: porl69 and Jollymon

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
Hi Folks,
Who in the group is the best person to ask about XDrip+?
I have got my head around a lot of the settings but there are some lines on the graph that I just don't know what they mean.
Wish there was a Web page that had a BIG screen shot with arrows pointing to each of the elements and lines on the screen with links to explanations.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Spent most of the afternoon at the “big park” being challenged to do the climbing frames by the child. Refused to do the hanging upside down thing in case my kit and hypo treats fell out of pockets...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Spent most of the afternoon at the “big park” being challenged to do the climbing frames by the child. Refused to do the hanging upside down thing in case my kit and hypo treats fell out of pockets...

All my gear i got has zips or poppers. I helps when crowd surfing.

The "upside down thing." Does it involve hanging the wrong way up? :D

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . As much as it may sound like the best thing i could do to some posters I’ve yet to row off the edge of the world.
Still keeping an eye on all you guys but just trying to keep a low profile for a while.
A welcome is in order for @Capt-Slog . You’ve joined a great bunch of people here.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
All my gear i got has zips or poppers. I helps when crowd surfing.

The "upside down thing." Does it involve hanging the wrong way up? :D
In her case hanging by knees only from a top bar of climbing frame. In mine, a just about managed sloth-like arm and leg cling to the same bar. I tried to defend myself with the I’m-older-than-you excuse. She said that wasn’t a nice thing to say about myself. Parenting is hard.

Reactions: kitedoc and hh1

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @porl69 I am certainly expecting a number of changes over the next few weeks/months with my setting s until I managed to get it just about right most of time. Will be a lot of trial and error methinks.

How are you enjoying your new pump,
It's certainly a big change....for the better

Reactions: smc4761 and kitedoc

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi Folks,
I have got my head around a lot of the settings but there are some lines on the graph that I just don't know what they mean.
Wish there was a Web page that had a BIG screen shot with arrows pointing to each of the elements and lines on the screen with links to explanations.
What is it you want to know about Xdrip?

Reactions: kitedoc

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi Folks,
@Scott-C seems to be the man in the know. I use Spike myself.

Lovely day in Oxford, BG mostly behaving despite random carbs guessing :D Think I want to live in the Bodleian Library...

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
What is it you want to know about Xdrip?
Mainly about the main graph page.
At the bottom of the page there are some faint dotted lines made up of really small dots.
One is a very faint purple line and the other is an even fainter green line like a sawtooth wave.
Don't know what they are or what they mean.

Reactions: kitedoc

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mainly about the main graph page.
At the bottom of the page there are some faint dotted lines made up of really small dots.
One is a very faint purple line and the other is an even fainter green line like a sawtooth wave.
Don't know what they are or what they mean.

I ignore those. They've got something to do with carb absorption rate (the faint purple dots - another line appears when you enter a carb amount) and the green faint dots seem to be related to bolus/iob.

Reactions: porl69 and kitedoc

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans

Ooooh this type 1 lark is bloody infuriating is it not. Got my pump on Wednesday but for 1st 6 days its just water going in. The idea is to get us used to wearing it, playing about with menus etc. So far so good. We have also to keep a food diary, BG readings and insulin taken

My BG since Wednesday afternoon until have been bloody perfect, all day all night and overnight. Had a slight low of BG 4.4 and a couple of slight high BG 8.9 and thats it Been in target of 4.5--8.5 about 90% of time which for me is unheard of.

Hi @smc4761, When I went 'live' on my pump my endo pointed out that the pump's individualised basal levels etc would be more efficient than my mdi. We therefore always eased back a pump's settings a bit so that I was less likely to suffer hypos.
It is always a bit of 'suck it and see' anyway. So I would not be worrying too much !!

Reactions: smc4761 and porl69