Type 1'stars R Us

Capt-Slog

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sport
I ignore those. They've got something to do with carb absorption rate (the faint purple dots - another line appears when you enter a carb amount) and the green faint dots seem to be related to bolus/iob.
Hi Folks,
Whilst trying to get xDrip+ to re-establish a connection to my MiaoMiao I found something helpful for my question:
Go to
Settings
xDrip+ Display Settings
xDrip+ Color Settings
Customize Colours

Apart from allowing you to change all of the colours it also gives you a name for the line. Admittedly the name isn't always too helpful, but it is a starting point.

Thanks and Good Night

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning! Finally got going on the "Let's shift Sunday Morning Organist Admin work to Monday/Thursday nights (piano teaching nights)" plan, so just about to take myself out for a walk of the length I'd do on a weekday work morning to see if that's going to help the usual Sunday Morning double figure numbers.

Hopefully, the house will be warmer on my return as well, as I had to persuade the boiler it wanted to work. It can be as temperamental as Madam DP who has also come out in protest at something or other.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Ha @helensaramay, The city and atmosphere sound serene. And I had to laugh when considering the saying 'When in Rome, do what the Romans do' and there you are in Helsinki having Nepalese cuisine.
I hope "mister' is behaving and has not acquired a nationality!!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Mainly about the main graph page.
At the bottom of the page there are some faint dotted lines made up of really small dots.
One is a very faint purple line and the other is an even fainter green line like a sawtooth wave.
Don't know what they are or what they mean.
Same ad Scott. Totally ignore those. Plus mine eyes are old and wrinkled lol.

Good morning all. Yep it's me pretty early on a Sunday.....no alarms and nearly have the unicorn line on Xdrip

Reactions: LooperCat

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Happening a lot more too....
Screenshot_20190303-082043_xDrip%2B.jpg

Reactions: smc4761
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning from a dark and wet Hampshire. Well last night didn't go well, I did the online survey and had a cup of tea. Then an early bath, feeling a little off, but it got just got worse and I laid on the settee with we t hair and Pebbles cat, had nothing to eat at all and no more liquid either, felt so sick with nausea.
Feeling a bit better this morning, still tired and a bit lethargic, awoke on a 9.4. I'm sure the day will get better.
Happy Sunday :)

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, teabags I’m home! And it’s wonderful. Peaceful. The air’s fresh. I can see trees out of the window. The night’s aren’t polluted by lights and buzzers sounding. The tea, the coffee, the toast . . . . It’s all fresh.
I really don’t know how anyone’s expected to recover on a hospital ward where sleep’s challenged.
I’ve been thinking about a name for my new knee but I’ll have to get to know it better first. I quite like Hamish as it sounds strong and sturdy with a softer side, but maybe Angus is a little tougher. It’s been behaving very well so far.
Bloods behaved pretty well during the whole experience. Lots of corrections and adjustment and basal lowered as the ward was so hot. I wore the libre which only one of the staff, apart from the surgical team, had seen before. I had to protect it from a young nurse who thought it was a heart monitor (on my arm?) and tried to remove it, and I had to explain and demonstrate again and again and again, which felt good. However, it’s now on strike, reading about 3 below, probably because a blood pressure cuff came too close. The other arm had a cannula and was out of action for bp.
I’ve just been reading through the posts, lots going on, as usual.
Finland sounds glorious, and the chocolate liquorice almond the tops Helen.
Titanium earplugs Mel? Only the best!
Hope hope hoping there’s good news from the hospital Karen.
Robin, do you ever stop? So many jobs!
Oh, and I never liked creme eggs, Knikki and Porl can have them all.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all, teabags I’m home! And it’s wonderful. Peaceful. The air’s fresh. I can see trees out of the window. The night’s aren’t polluted by lights and buzzers sounding. The tea, the coffee, the toast . . . . It’s all fresh.
I really don’t know how anyone’s expected to recover on a hospital ward where sleep’s challenged.
I’ve been thinking about a name for my new knee but I’ll have to get to know it better first. I quite like Hamish as it sounds strong and sturdy with a softer side, but maybe Angus is a little tougher. It’s been behaving very well so far.
Bloods behaved pretty well during the whole experience. Lots of corrections and adjustment and basal lowered as the ward was so hot. I wore the libre which only one of the staff, apart from the surgical team, had seen before. I had to protect it from a young nurse who thought it was a heart monitor (on my arm?) and tried to remove it, and I had to explain and demonstrate again and again and again, which felt good. However, it’s now on strike, reading about 3 below, probably because a blood pressure cuff came too close. The other arm had a cannula and was out of action for bp.

Good to see you're home FairyGodmother. There's nothing quite like our own space, peace and quiet,......... and food!

Reactions: Fairygodmother
K

Knikki

@porl69 I noticed a 151g on your graph, I only meant one creame egg, from a couple of posts back, not the whole box ;):hilarious:

Morning,

Ended up wondering down stairs and knocking a rising BSL on the head, so woke up with a 4.9, not bad.

Raining here and a morning of sorting network issues out.:***:

Reactions: porl69 and SueJB

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, from my luxuriant claw tub bath in a sixteenth century Cotswold cottage :)

Nice village pub meal last night, salmon with chilli sauce, broccoli and swede. Slight foray above 7 after, but nailed that quickly. Smooth night with a gentle hypo around four am that I treated, rolled over and went back to sleep. Going for a wander around Marlborough later, let’s see what charity shop treasures we can find!

Glad all went well @Fairygodmother ❤️

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

So pleased to know you are home, there is no place like it. Take it easy FG and look after yourself, sending a
(((((((((( BIG get well HUG )))))))))) X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It seems like a good weekend,
FG has bought Hamish home; Mel has woken in a Cotswold cottage, Karen is in demand for employers and Helsinki continues to be sunny.
I spent this morning walking around one of the islands. It was icy but sunny. I have attached a photo of the area to give you some idea. If you look carefully, you can just spot the lone ice-skater in the bottom right.
View attachment 31601

Wow, I love the picture, what a fabulous view :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So, resistance for three years was clearly futile! I have bowed to the inevitable, and decreed my early Sunday Morning Routine changed with a walk before church as part of that routine.

The evidence is clear, it doesn't matter where I start from on a Sunday, I rise by about 4 points between 10.00 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. when it is a stressful morning, which this morning was. On a normally active Main Paid Work morning, I'd be very wary of a 5.0 at 10.00 a.m. after an hour's walk to work and be having a snack to keep me going as experience has taught me that I'll be hypo within the hour if not. This morning I was 8.7 just before leaving church to come home again from that 5.0, had steadily risen through the morning, but had walked it back down by the time I got home. A 5 minutes walk!

It's clarified a few thoughts in my head which I'd tentatively voiced to someone recently. But, as I reassured several people yet again, I'm going nowhere and this situation can't/won't last... I can, however, do stuff to alleviate the stress on me and that I am going to do.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
It seems like a good weekend,
FG has bought Hamish home; Mel has woken in a Cotswold cottage, Karen is in demand for employers and Helsinki continues to be sunny.
I spent this morning walking around one of the islands. It was icy but sunny. I have attached a photo of the area to give you some idea. If you look carefully, you can just spot the lone ice-skater in the bottom right.
View attachment 31601
Wow, that looks amazing. Top photo