Eating far too much

DomPirate

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually I am well controlled - well reasonably controlled, with an almost cast iron acceptance to eat right foods, cake but a good memory, not overeating, most MmoL 4.5 to 9.5
December I got ill, losing weight hand over fist, 8kg (10% of my body weight), possibly Bronchiectasis.
Finally started to improve mid February, though my diet remained good throughout (didn’t partake much in Christmas feasting), now that I’m out and about, back to walking several miles a day, I have started devouring all in sight.
Of course has a nasty effect on MmoL, 21 last night, though I can see the logic, stop and it’ll go down.
Aaaaaagh!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Were you not eating much when you were ill? Sounds like it with an 8 kg weight loss so not surprising you get a bit of a regain when you get back to normal. What are you eating is of course key.. sounds like not enough fat for satiety hence the hunger? Just a thought..

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Usually I am well controlled - well reasonably controlled, with an almost cast iron acceptance to eat right foods, cake but a good memory, not overeating, most MmoL 4.5 to 9.5
December I got ill, losing weight hand over fist, 8kg (10% of my body weight), possibly Bronchiectasis.
Finally started to improve mid February, though my diet remained good throughout (didn’t partake much in Christmas feasting), now that I’m out and about, back to walking several miles a day, I have started devouring all in sight.
Of course has a nasty effect on MmoL, 21 last night, though I can see the logic, stop and it’ll go down.
Aaaaaagh!

Hi Dom, that is a very high level especially for a type 2 with nothing to bring it down? I would go straight to the Drs myself, I know there is something very similar to DKA that you can get if your levels are sky high. What were they this morning? Even if the explanation is eating everything in sight, surely a reading of 21 is cause for concern? x

Reactions: Shas3

DomPirate

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
At KK123
13.3 this morning, 18.something this evg.
Hmm, yes, concern.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
maybe start of with a bucket full of fried chicken - just chicken - maybe with coleslaw - but peel the chicken.
Cook a lot of meat, maybe find a whole lot of low carb veges and make a vege soup, or if you have a box of mince fry it with a bit of onion and add that - make up a whole lot of low carb but bulky food and if you are hungry eat - first you'll get full and with any luck the hunger will subside.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Carbs, bread, with a bit of sweet puddings thrown in.

yes eat some more meat and some cheese all kinds deviled eggs with lots of mayo and maybe high protein dairy without added sugar.. it you can find that where you live.. if you eat really a lot of proteins in the mornings people tent to eat less calories for the rest of the day.
and try to avoid bread and sweets and cakes..

but you do use your insulin as well.. so it is a bit weird .. please see your GP too