Dawn phenomenon

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2, doing Keto and OMAD and due to have next lot of HBA1c early April.

Does anyone have a process that they follow to deal with the DP? My BGL most mornings is between 7 and 8.4.

I am concerned that these levels will affect the test adversely.

We normally eat before 6pm and I don’t snack before bed. I thought that Keto would help. Clearly it hasn’t and I am disappointed.

2nd question. I was following a lady on the forum who was eating to her meter and it was really interesting. Now I can’t find the thread and wondered if someone could help with a link thanks!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite a few of us eat to our meter!

Re dp. Some people eat a little bit of something as soon as they get up, it works for some but not for everyone. It's the last reading to come down. Personally I just ignored it.

Reactions: Sparkle1953

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite a few of us eat to our meter!

Re dp. Some people eat a little bit of something as soon as they get up, it works for some but not for everyone. It's the last reading to come down. Personally I just ignored it.

Have only been doing this a couple of months and quite happy with progress however it’s never too late to fine tune.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
My BGL most mornings is between 7 and 8.4.

I seem to have success when I fast for 24 hours. For me personally eating first thing in the morning doesn't help although I have read that it does help some. The fine tuning is something you'll have to try and see what happens.

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seem to have success when I fast for 24 hours. For me personally eating first thing in the morning doesn't help although I have read that it does help some. The fine tuning is something you'll have to try and see what happens.

Thanks David, I am already fasting 24 hrs. Only having dinner and making sure I have eaten before 6pm.

Tonight I am going to add exercise straight after I have eaten and then do the ACV before bed. I normally exercise 1st thing in the morning to get it down from the morning high so will switch it around and see if it makes a difference.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As a Type 1 who can have awful DP I have found eating something before bed tends to help. Over time I discovered fasting makes it worse as the liver seems to overcompensate and chuck out glucose.

psignathus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NICE guidelines in reference to nutrition
I am T2, doing Keto and OMAD and due to have next lot of HBA1c early April.

Does anyone have a process that they follow to deal with the DP? My BGL most mornings is between 7 and 8.4.

I am concerned that these levels will affect the test adversely.

We normally eat before 6pm and I don’t snack before bed. I thought that Keto would help. Clearly it hasn’t and I am disappointed.

2nd question. I was following a lady on the forum who was eating to her meter and it was really interesting. Now I can’t find the thread and wondered if someone could help with a link thanks!

As already stated this can be the last number to fall. Mine took about 12 months to come down to normal levels.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have DP too some morning I am 7.7 then others 6.7 . I only tested this morning because i had slept really well and wanted to see if it had an effect and it did , i decided to test once a week during the day to check all is well, because i am eating the same foods and all the readings have been consistent , and now i have proved that a good sleep gives me a good reading in the morning .

I want my A1c to drop down to 34 like a lot on here , but i have doubts it will , next A1c in August this year so will see. I don't think i am losing weight now either it seems to have stopped although i did buy a size 18 dress yesterday and it fits perfectly and i was a size 24 this time last year .

I don't worry about the DP as it has been this way since doing LCHF .