More Work To Be Done

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HBA1C slightly higher now at 41 than this time last year at 39.
After doing moderate low carb eating and regular cardio exercise for 3 years my glucose tolerance post meal has improved, spikes are now acceptable and return to within normal perimeters pretty much all the time.
But the darn fasting glucose won't budge and this is what is keeping my A1C from falling. I very rarely see below 6 mmol.
I'm going to try and cut the carbs slightly and include some resistance training.
Not easy this game is it !

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found that testing after meals allowed me to discover that I react strongly to legumes, and seem to get a higher spike with them, carb for carb than other foods supposedly good.
I only needed to test regularly for a few weeks to find the meals I could manage, and I aimed for all the time normal rather than 'pretty much' - after which I saw continued improvement without my changing foods, so I thought that was a good thing.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I found that testing after meals allowed me to discover that I react strongly to legumes, and seem to get a higher spike with them, carb for carb than other foods supposedly good.
I only needed to test regularly for a few weeks to find the meals I could manage, and I aimed for all the time normal rather than 'pretty much' - after which I saw continued improvement without my changing foods, so I thought that was a good thing.
I don't test so much any more because my diet is pretty much the same all the time so when you've done it you've done it, so to speak. However, it will be interesting to retest now certain foods that i haven't tested for a couple of years to see if my tolerance to them has changed. I think some may be better, some worse.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe morning fasting levels will only reduce to normal levels once insulin sensitivity is greatly improved. For as long as we are insulin resistant we will have higher than normal FBG. Part and parcel of insulin resistance is a fatty liver, so getting rid of that will also help. Insulin resistance can and is helped by reducing the amount of insulin our pancreas secretes - and that is achieved my eating as few carbs as possible and as little fruit as possible.

You are quite correct. It is not easy.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't test so much any more because my diet is pretty much the same all the time so when you've done it you've done it, so to speak. However, it will be interesting to retest now certain foods that i haven't tested for a couple of years to see if my tolerance to them has changed. I think some may be better, some worse.
You don't think that maybe laxity in self testing has led to the slightly elevated HbA1c? I like to keep on top of it "just in case" and would rather rely on regular self monitoring than an infrequent test by the docs.. but that's just me I guess..

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I still test regularly.

FBg religiously and then a couple through the day and meals.

I know my FBg is near as 5, dp adds around 1 to 1.5 to that by around 3hrs after. But only Mondays, reduces over the week.

Then bg drops to around 4.5 by the time I eat in the evening.