Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
OK. The results are in.
I compared rock hard Jelly Babies alongside "fresh" ones straight out of the bag in the Great Diabetes Jelly Baby test.

15 seconds
Fresh Jelly Baby (FJB) slightly softer
Stale Jelly Baby (SJB) no discernable effect

30 seconds
FJB: slight wilting around the head and sticking to the plate

SJB: no discernable effect

60 seconds
FJB: Full on "blobbing" to the point of most of them in a snotty heap on the plate. A few like a pyramid shaped Snowman.

SJB: no discernable effect, apart from warm to the touch

90 seconds
FJBs now a pool of liquid
SJBs seem to be growing

Approx 100 to 120 seconds
SJBs start to explode in a spectacular fashion with bits of stone like JB hitting the door like hailstones.

Upon closer examination the contents of the STBs found to be like molten lava.

Conclusions:
1. Stale Jelly Babies probably won't be digested as easily as fresh ones.

2. Exploding Stale Jelly Babies are really hard to scrape off your microwave.

3. Fresh Jelly Babies are very effective for determining the hot spots and cold spots in your microwave oven!

Although dear wife accepted that conclusion 3 was useful... I have now got to buy a new microwave.

I think you should tell Bassetts about this and request they put warnings on the packet, maybe with a picture of Mrs Slog waving an admonishing finger.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Happy Friday! Cannot believe how windy it still is. We live highish up and pretty exposed, so it sounds very loud. Swim fit this morning and cross over day for my Libre so presently wearing two.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, have a trouble free Friday.
Cat goes to the vet today to get his teeth seen to. The problem with a rescue cat is that we don’t know how old he is and therefore whether his teeth problems are a sign of ageing or whether he’s a youngster who’s been snacking on hardened JBs. He’s blissfully unaware of what today will bring - planned surprise for him. Hope all unplanned surprises for the teabag community are good ones.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Remarkably, I got more sleep than I thought I was going to last night. Interestingly, have had to do an early morning adjustment dose as I woke on the highest number for ages. Putting it down, mostly, to less walking than usual yesterday.

The Machine is going back at 9.00 a.m. so I'm making the most of a quiet two hours before getting going on what will either be a very quiet day at work, due to small numbers, or a noisy, grumpy day as those who should've gone out on work placement haven't because of rain.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well TFI it’s Friday. Weekend starts now for this lucky teabag.
Morrisons. Local farm ( big bag Marfona’s ). Localish garden centre ( garden plants BUT more importantly the quaint little cafe for midday snack ). Storm seal the garage door. Gym ( depending on previous task ). Chill out.
That’s Friday sorted here...:):):).
Y’all have a good day.
Go easy on the JB’s , they really are a T1’s / LADA best friend.:)

P.S Meal out last night. Pulled pork burger. It was s**t, what’s wrong with adding the fact that they’ve glazed it with something sweet, tasted dire. Never mind though my SIL gave me a big cuddle so it wasn’t all bad:).
Awoke to a 13.8 this morning. Not sure if it was the glaze or the cuddle.:banghead:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all, awoke on a 6.7 and I made a chicken and pepper curry and rice last night.
@therower hope BS settles down soon
@Fairygodmother I hope your cat will be okay at the vets today:cat:
@Mel dCP Hope your voice returns soon for the weekend
Still very windy here, but not raining :happy:
Hope you all have a great Friday:)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
Did I bring the sun and wind back from Normandy? Love the sun but the wind made for a bit of a rough crossing. Left-hand Renault was a dream to drive and got us to some magic eating holes. Fish, fish, bread, cheese, cider, pork. Madam behaved well and I didn't put on weight.
Loads of walking on empty beaches.
Don't know what to do with myself now

Reactions: Japes

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning everyone,
Did I bring the sun and wind back from Normandy? Love the sun but the wind made for a bit of a rough crossing. Left-hand Renault was a dream to drive and got us to some magic eating holes. Fish, fish, bread, cheese, cider, pork. Madam behaved well and I didn't put on weight.
Loads of walking on empty beaches.
Don't know what to do with myself now

It sounds like a great holiday Sue. I’d have hated the rough crossing though, would the fruits de mer be worth the mal de mer?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
OK. The results are in.
I compared rock hard Jelly Babies alongside "fresh" ones straight out of the bag in the Great Diabetes Jelly Baby test.

15 seconds
Fresh Jelly Baby (FJB) slightly softer
Stale Jelly Baby (SJB) no discernable effect

30 seconds
FJB: slight wilting around the head and sticking to the plate

SJB: no discernable effect

60 seconds
FJB: Full on "blobbing" to the point of most of them in a snotty heap on the plate. A few like a pyramid shaped Snowman.

SJB: no discernable effect, apart from warm to the touch

90 seconds
FJBs now a pool of liquid
SJBs seem to be growing

Approx 100 to 120 seconds
SJBs start to explode in a spectacular fashion with bits of stone like JB hitting the door like hailstones.

Upon closer examination the contents of the STBs found to be like molten lava.

Conclusions:
1. Stale Jelly Babies probably won't be digested as easily as fresh ones.

2. Exploding Stale Jelly Babies are really hard to scrape off your microwave.

3. Fresh Jelly Babies are very effective for determining the hot spots and cold spots in your microwave oven!

Although dear wife accepted that conclusion 3 was useful... I have now got to buy a new microwave.

I am crying here :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Fairygodmother