Okay feeling like going OMAD

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Been noticing lately that when I hit my evening meal I feel absolutely stuffed, even with the smallest amount eaten. Guessing that it might be worth moving over to that now? Any tips?

Reactions: jpscloud and jjraak

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This is what fat adaptation does. My advice is plan your meals carefully to get a good range, if you are playing it safe. By this I mean getting a range of different nutrients. I love carnivore, but straddle the line with variations of vegetables as my blood sugars are acceptable to me. OMAD's only downside is even eating say 2000 calories can stuff you, and if you are mixing nutrients, it is hard getting them all in, in one sitting.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is what fat adaptation does. My advice is plan your meals carefully to get a good range, if you are playing it safe. By this I mean getting a range of different nutrients. I love carnivore, but straddle the line with variations of vegetables as my blood sugars are acceptable to me. OMAD's only downside is even eating say 2000 calories can stuff you, and if you are mixing nutrients, it is hard getting them all in, in one sitting.
It's something I've honestly been thinking about is getting the balance right, honestly my body copes really well with veggie based carbs so it shouldn't be too much. Thanks for letting me know what I should expect!

@Caeseji sounds like a great idea. Great HbA1c reduction - just spotted your signature.
Thank you so much Gooner! Looking at ways of stabilising myself whilst sorting out these overstuffing issues.

Nope.

Just get up in the morning, hydrate and see how long you can go without eating.

I’m betting you can go a long time, especially if you keep yourself hydrated.

Don’t overthink it, your body will let you know what you need to do.
Honestly some good advice, especially with me still having a lot of fat to burn it shouldn't be too hard at all. Already done some 36 hour fasts so this'll become a new habit.

Reactions: jpscloud

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji - My take on it iss if you're going to do OMAD, then an extra bit of attention to getting your nutrients makes sense, as there's no chance of picking anything up casually, in other things.

I'm not a total OMADer, although I have done several, largely unintentional nOMAD days (My self-termed nearly OMAD days), where I've just had something small on the hoof, like a piece of cheese or whatever, then one meal.

Like all things in this game, it's a case of plan, change, test, record (food, ddrink, blood scores, mood and general wellbeing - the latter 2 only really if anything of note), then at a future time, review. That'll inform you, from your own data, how you are doing and where any tweakages might come in handy.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Caeseji - My take on it iss if you're going to do OMAD, then an extra bit of attention to getting your nutrients makes sense, as there's no chance of picking anything up casually, in other things.

I'm not a total OMADer, although I have done several, largely unintentional nOMAD days (My self-termed nearly OMAD days), where I've just had something small on the hoof, like a piece of cheese or whatever, then one meal.

Like all things in this game, it's a case of plan, change, test, record (food, ddrink, blood scores, mood and general wellbeing - the latter 2 only really if anything of note), then at a future time, review. That'll inform you, from your own data, how you are doing and where any tweakages might come in handy.

Thanks so much for the advice yet again, I am starting to think a 5:2 schedule might work for me, five days OMAD or only snacks at work and then lunch and dinner at the weekend. I'll just have to make sure to set up my meals properly so I don't miss out on anything at all. Might have to dive into the Diet Doctor staples as well actually.

Reactions: DCUKMod