Gliclazide

Hartnell6

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone had severe stomach pain on gliclazide ?
I've been taking gliclazide 40mg for the last two days yesterday was awful I felt so ill being dizzy and sick all day and blood sugars were high couldn't get them below 15. Today I have high sugars about 11 but I have the most awful pain in my stomach it's very unbearable
If anyone can help I would be great full

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Hartnell16

I was prescribed Gliclazide and didn't tolerate it well. I felt really nauseated, if I remember correctly, but I don't remember having any abdominal pain.

I went back to GP, explained how I felt on these tablets and I was changed to Glipizide instead. I had no problem with these so maybe you should discuss this issue with your GP and hopefully s/he will change you to an alternative.

Wishing you all the best :)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
I had some nightmares on Gliclazide (actual nightmares not metaphorical ones) and felt a wee bit woozy initially but never had that kind of stomach pain. I would definitely raise it with your doctor; it may well, of course, be something else altogether...and bugs do increase BG. By the way, I got my blood sugars down far more easily an in a far more controlled way when I came off Gliclazide and went low carb. There is always, I would say, an increased risk of hypo on Gliclazide if you are on certain diets. Anyway, I hope it resolves itself soon...maybe just an initial reaction which will ease. Anything else changed?

chelseaman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone had severe stomach pain on gliclazide ?
I've been taking gliclazide 40mg for the last two days yesterday was awful I felt so ill being dizzy and sick all day and blood sugars were high couldn't get them below 15. Today I have high sugars about 11 but I have the most awful pain in my stomach it's very unbearable
If anyone can help I would be great full
Hi Hartnell, any update on your stomach pains with Gliclazide as I`ve had similar issues with it? Thanks.