Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 how (quietly) exciting about the reflexologist!!
Yesterday nothing. Bad repercussions in the leg cramps department. Tonight as much as I had time for, 1.4 miles not slow but not really fast either.
Good night all!

Hugs for the leg cramps, horribly painful I know.
I’m not hanging out the bunting yet re reflexologist - Ive always thought this type of alternative therapy was a load of bunkum, but it really was remarkable yesterday, first pain free day for months and months. As you say ‘quietly exciting’ well put!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t hit the 10k mark today. (8.5) as I spent a large part of the afternoon gardening. Probably just as beneficial - certainly to mind and hopefully to body.
Managed a 30 min resistance/strength type workout this morning

Foot pain is pushing back - can feel it starting to tingle but it’s quite bearable, certainly not the burning acid feeling it has been. More quiet excitement.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
(Whispers yay!) @DJC3. Shhhhh...
I did not have a single leg cramp on vacation. I went two nights without magnesium rub, and no night had a massage in it. Massage machine far too big to carry. I come home, and POW! they slam me. What IS It??? Only difference is the bed, and there’s not much difference there. Both airbeds, both have memory foam on top. Identical sheets and blankets. ???? Sorry. I lost a couple of hours sleep at the end of last night.
Just took 2.2 mile walk faster than I thought. It is gorgeous out. A nip in the air; it will freeze tonight. Brilliant stars, what few there are in this very light polluting city.
Off to get ready for bed. Sleep well all sleepers, good morning risers!

Reactions: Emma_369 and Numan

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought the kids had grown up and left the nest? (sorry couldn't resist an open goal):angelic: Very good exercise they say

2/3 have, but so has Mr C - he’s currently 250 miles away. Gardening is the pinnacle of excitement here.

Reactions: zauberflote

Controlnow

I watched a programme about efficient ways to exercise if you didn’t like the exercise Or struggling to get yourself motivated. He said instead of doing the 10,000 steps a day to use a HIIT technique. That that is walking briskly 3 times a day for 10 minutes. Briskly means walking so you can talk but wouldn’t be able to sing.
I am just starting to try this out, is any body else doing anything similar?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched a programme about efficient ways to exercise if you didn’t like the exercise Or struggling to get yourself motivated. He said instead of doing the 10,000 steps a day to use a HIIT technique. That that is walking briskly 3 times a day for 10 minutes. Briskly means walking so you can talk but wouldn’t be able to sing.
Welcome to the thread @Controlnow. Don't know about anyone else for that version of HIIT but lots of us certainly use the idea in other ways. It is said to be very helpful.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.

Welcome Controlnow! I’ve heard of that method, but I am the opposite in that I love the walks I take (but would hate to mess up my minimalist look with a pedometer/fitbit lol). I think anything that gets a person moving, and that they can sustain, is worthy of trying. 10 minutes can be walked inside an office building, out in a parking lot, at home, anywhere at all. How’s it going? And if you ever watch something about putting 27 hours in the day so I can go back to my old weight training, PLEASE let me know!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just over 14k steps and 45 mins mowing grass - start again on that Tuesday although Friday's one's could probably be done again tomorrow.

Controlnow

Welcome Controlnow! I’ve heard of that method, but I am the opposite in that I love the walks I take (but would hate to mess up my minimalist look with a pedometer/fitbit lol). I think anything that gets a person moving, and that they can sustain, is worthy of trying. 10 minutes can be walked inside an office building, out in a parking lot, at home, anywhere at all. How’s it going? And if you ever watch something about putting 27 hours in the day so I can go back to my old weight training, PLEASE let me know!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Thanks. I will Zuaberflote lol

Yes they found if people did the 10 minutes they overall got their hearts going more(at a higher rate) than those who did 10,000 steps. The slightly raised heartbeat is where the benefit is apparently. Plus I think it helps empty the glucose stores quickly.

I am still a work in progress just started doing it n not found my routine yet. I am doing more excercise than I was so still seeing it as a small gain :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the Welcome Ianspurs. What do you and others do for your HITT exercise? How you finding it ?
Right now I do something similar to you but as part of dog walking. Most usually as a separate session on exercise bike - at best in an exercise called sprint 8 https://sprint8.com/ but don't go from nothing much to this as the full thing is a beast if done properly. Very effective though.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats on Saturday and I seem to have forgotten how to hit depth on even the simplest of weights 160kg 4x3 and all were high!! Dummy was ceremoniously thrown across the gym in frustration!! But I will make it happen, I have to.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Squats on Saturday and I seem to have forgotten how to hit depth on even the simplest of weights 160kg 4x3 and all were high!! Dummy was ceremoniously thrown across the gym in frustration!! But I will make it happen, I have to.

Take care everyone.
Love that attitude so winner for that.

Controlnow

Right now I do something similar to you but as part of dog walking. Most usually as a separate session on exercise bike - at best in an exercise called sprint 8 https://sprint8.com/ but don't go from nothing much to this as the full thing is a beast if done properly. Very effective though.

I am trying to easy myself in. I noticed that I am even struggling to get myself to go out 3 times a day for the 10 mins. So today I decided to do it all in one go. I am also including it in my dog walks. This seems to feel better and now if I do want to go out later that’s a plus. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am trying to easy myself in. I noticed that I am even struggling to get myself to go out 3 times a day for the 10 mins. So today I decided to do it all in one go. I am also including it in my dog walks. This seems to feel better and now if I do want to go out later that’s a plus. :)
Couple of afterthoughts. Do you have any heart issues or co-morbidity? I would also suggest, if you can afford it, buying a chest strap heart rate monitor to allow you to see if you are "over doing it", not pushing as hard as you could or getting it just right and, essentially, how quickly you return to normal.

Last edited:

Controlnow

No I don’t have those issues it more of a motivational thing sort of...it felt like the 3 times a day was hanging over me everyday and I don’t want to feel like that I want to feel good about doing it opposed to it feeling forced. Not sure I have explained it well...I felt better about it today because it was done first thing so not hanging over me for the rest of the day.

Yes a heart monitor is a good idea.