Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@johnpol I am happy to think of you in less pain!!! And working with your coach must even have been a welcome distraction from the same old same old training.
I agree with you @DJC3 about the air travel, and I guess my charmed run of that is over. For two years ending last October, I flew to see my mom monthly. I developed a routine of wearing a mask on the plane, mostly to keep the airways dry. It served double purpose, for which I’m thankful.
Exercise today is apt to be driving into the nearby town to buy a chicken to make broth. We are supposed to go see a movie en masse this afternoon; I’m interested but will have to see.

Mask on the plane sounds like a good idea - did you put it on this time though?
Hope everyone enjoys your chicken broth.

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12k steps and my rehab gym class. Normally we have the class in a studio but today we went up to the gym as it wasn’t very busy and did a little circuit which was brilliant for strength training I was absolutely shattered afterwards. The one thing I missed was the music - she normally has a lovely upbeat soundtrack, mostly Motown stuff, but in the gym it was generic thumping bass stuff that makes my heart race just listening to it.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just the 50 lengths tonight but plodding my way through the total needed so I’m happy

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1 hour intervals on the gym bike early this morning, 22 miles covered, 800 calories used before breakfast

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was out wearing a ridiculous old mac which is about 3 sizes too big and acted like a sail - I was being buffeted all over the place.

Made me laugh out loud. You have to bring that next time we go walking. Especially if its windy :D

Just getting back in the swing of things. Podiatrist was lovely. I have a bunnionette/tailor’s bunion which somehow developed an open wound on top. Now healing nicely under its somewhat dramatic dressing. Confirmed that it’s not footwear related and thinks I may be offered surgery when eventually seen at the MSK clinic.

Today was footie practice first thing and subsequently clocked up 18k steps.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
11k steps which is not enough or very varied but just trying to ease myself through Julie's illness and mobility problems. Frustrating so far this year - back, joints now this - but plenty of people face bigger problems.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Mask on the plane sounds like a good idea - did you put it on this time though?
Hope everyone enjoys your chicken broth.

Oh yes I did, but had the cold symptoms before that anyway. Lol not sharing my chicken broth. It is my “food for sickies” and is supposed to be helping me in this Lenten lunch fast. Not working. Yet!
3 mile intentionally not-fast walk which my phone shows to have been much faster than I felt like I was going! I would have taken a pic of the vista but it’s a guarded community and the guard is known to have confiscated phones. Last summer I was queried about my phone but promised I had no intention of taking photos (with my fingers crossed bc if the poison colored berries had started to turn their purples and magentas I would have taken that pic for sure! )

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Goonergal so glad it’s good news on your little bunion. Hoping surgery will give you permanent relief!
@ianpspurs just your 10k steps is probably twice what I ever do. Cut the man some slack, man! :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
. Lol not sharing my chicken broth. It is my “food for sickies” and is supposed to be helping me in this Lenten lunch fast.

Lol good for you! Homemade chicken broth/ soup is far too wonderful a creation to share. Meant to be very good for colds too so I hope it’s helping.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I’m glad the bunionette got star treatment. Doesn’t it affect your football game? Sounds painful to me to be kicking a ball with a wounded foot.

@johnpol I hope those hypos calm down - must be exhausting for you.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I’m glad the bunionette got star treatment. Doesn’t it affect your football game? Sounds painful to me to be kicking a ball with a wounded foot.

Thanks. Now that the wound on top is healing, the dressing is keeping it pain free, just aches a bit. Being a bit more careful than usual though and not doing such marathon distances - good excuse for avoiding being blown over by the wind!

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Feeling tired down the gym this morning, 10.5 miles on the gym bike doing intervals, 20 mph average. Going out on real bike this afternoon

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just short of 15k steps today. Mostly due to a 5 mile+ return walk to Ikea and back, plus assorted bits of wandering locally. Spent the day sorting out cupboards - decorators coming in a couple of weeks and loads to get rid of/packed up before then.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just one short walk in the sushine today, (7k steps is all) which included a 100m sprint to catch a woman wearing earphones who was oblivious of the fact her dog had done a poo. I get so angry at owners like her. I did frogmarch her back to it though, while a chap the other side of the common applauded!

Did 1/2 hr strength training with weights first thing and another gentler session just arms while watching tv after dinner.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Said I would be back didn't I? Noticed my fasting sugars going up so going to counter that with some exercise and fasting. Not at the gym yet so doing HiiT training at home.

30 minutes in total including 5 minutes warm up, 20 minutes tabata training (ow my legs) and 5 minutes cool down stretches.

I feel SO good.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
12.3k steps for me today. Weather looks like turning a little more spring like so plenty lawn mowing for about 6/7 months 3 or 4 hrs a weeks worth. All the roots were split last year so no log splitting or tree felling and root pick axing. I know a man who used to do weights and HIIT as well - don't know where he's gone.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
14k steps with 30 mins lawn mowing which all my apps and t'internet consider resistance. Chronometer suggests cals in and out just about match. Still hanging but a few more steps - most were "useful" (dog walking,lawn mowing, seeing to chickens etc) and useful resistance today.