Regular moderate exercise log

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
15k steps and 30 mins exercise bike - sedate 14.5 mph (can I be excused - being an over 60?) Appears to be useless for bg control just now but it kept me occupied for a while. I am trying and have no intention of giving up - probably ultimately doomed to failure but stubborn.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats tonight and what a shambles, fix one problem and another one appears. Worked upto 145kg and decided to pitch forward slightly throwing the whole thing off. Tried loads of variations, just as well my coach /friend is a world champion, so I nearly fixed it. Need to get it right only weeks left. But I will get there the alternative isn't an option

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Squats tonight and what a shambles, fix one problem and another one appears. Worked upto 145kg and decided to pitch forward slightly throwing the whole thing off. Tried loads of variations, just as well my coach /friend is a world champion, so I nearly fixed it. Need to get it right only weeks left. But I will get there the alternative isn't an option
Love that attitude. You completely deserve to succeed.

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Controlnow I know EXACTLY what you mean by hanging over you. One and done feels so much better! Your positive attitude will take you a long way, and keep us all cheered up while we’re at it.
@ianpspurs I think they increased the cal requirement just like they changed all the weight charts when more people had increased weight. I saw an American movie from 1962 yesterday, and the three children in it were stick-thin. As we all were then! The “fat kid” in 3rd grade would now be classed as low normal weight. I haven’t seen a stick thin kid in a very long time. And hurray on the bike! Hoping things stay stable now for you.
Splish splosh gasp heave snort @Emma_369 ! Keep going girl!!!! But very careful on the shoulder please.
@Japes I loooove your challenges! The laundrty one,,,, if I did that, I’d need bilateral knee replacement next month!
@DJC3 how many skips you up to now?
I’ve missed some days here but not going to try to make up. Tonight I set out with vim and vigor to do the 3 mile walk. Got home to discover that I’d left out the little leg which boosts it to 3 miles... ah well. Pushed it all the way; a few splits were personal best for this iteration of walking. Did a little demi-jogging, in which both feet never leave the ground at the same time. Beginning to get depressed about what is very likely arthritis in my knees.
Saw cardiologist today specifically about electrolyte balance. She got all het up about lipids, but did suggest one more thing for the leg cramps - stretch reallllly well just before bed. Right. Another 20+ minutes added to my already 2-hr bedtime routine. Sheesh. But if it works....

My aim is to get up to 50 in one go, but haven’t made it to 30 yet! Can’t do more than 10 mins at a time, it’s exhausting! How on earth I managed to skip all day long as a child is beyond me.
Hope the stretching is helping the cramps. A tip I was given years ago was to roll a bottle under your foot for a few minutes before bed - I guess this helps to stretch out the muscles too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the reflexologist seems to have exacerbated the pain in my foot this week rather than cure it which is a great disappointment I must say. Havent made 10k steps for the last 2 days and cant skip.
Did an hour gym class yesterday - resistance and strength stuff mostly, good fun and excellent for bg. It’s my last class until May as I’m off down to Cornwall on Monday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My aim is to get up to 50 in one go, but haven’t made it to 30 yet! Can’t do more than 10 mins at a time, it’s exhausting! How on earth I managed to skip all day long as a child is beyond me.
Hope the stretching is helping the cramps. A tip I was given years ago was to roll a bottle under your foot for a few minutes before bed - I guess this helps to stretch out the muscles too.
My aim is to get up to 50 in 1 year. 14.5k steps and 40 mins grass cutting mostly very steep bank. Couldn't face the bike tonight watching rugby instead.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My aim is to get up to 50 in 1 year. 14.5k steps and 40 mins grass cutting mostly very steep bank. Couldn't face the bike tonight watching rugby instead.

I know the feeling, cycling to nowhere is just so boring.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No. I actually enjoy that quite a lot. Sport, documentary or my play lists on the TV - all good

Well that makes it easier I guess. The only thing which woukd make it easier for me to do would be if I could read a book while cycling, but I haven’t perfected the technique.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
15k of your English steps; 30 mins exercise bike; about an hour cutting grass and strimming; 2 trips to the tip and some painting. Again, I am betting this doesn't amount to a row of beans but it was all mine.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night and.........well lets just say it didn't exactly go to plan worked up to 220kg and on my second set decided that it was vitally important to tear a muscle in my left hip this time, thought someone had shot me! Took it down to 180kg and in the middle of the pull someone shot me again!! (well not shot but felt like it) so extensive rehab and treatment to see if I can still compete, well I will get there no doubt. Not exactly how I envisioned this last few weeks going but it goes to show that Powerlifting is a hard, sometimes brutal sport on the body.

Take care everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Deadlifts last night and.........well lets just say it didn't exactly go to plan worked up to 220kg and on my second set decided that it was vitally important to tear a muscle in my left hip this time, thought someone had shot me! Took it down to 180kg and in the middle of the pull someone shot me again!! (well not shot but felt like it) so extensive rehab and treatment to see if I can still compete, well I will get there no doubt. Not exactly how I envisioned this last few weeks going but it goes to show that Powerlifting is a hard, sometimes brutal sport on the body.

Take care everyone.
Not entirely sure what use a hug from a spavined old clownshoe will do but, hey, surely it can't do any harm. Best wishes for good recovery and return to where you want to be.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Whoa there guys......is this what you call 'moderate' exercise.......geez......don't want to even think about when you turn the dial up to max!!!!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet, chilly and dogs didn't fancy much walking so 9k steps. 40 mins on exercise bike - chest strap HR monitor located again so pushed harder today (average 74% max HR). Hoping to do some weights this week and some HIIT in next week to 10 days. Easy to lose a level of fitness - a pig to regain that. Still a long way from where I was last June or even Christmas.

Last edited:

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 the stretching is definitely helping. So far, of the foot, only the top of the foot is involved. I have a stretch for that too. I am dismayed thAt the treatment of your foot wAs worse than the condition! And Mr ZF used to do exercise bike late late at night, reading the whole time. I’d forgotten that period!
@johnpol how awful. I’d give hugs if I could.
@Traceymac23 you’ll see; I am truly moderate!!!
2.74 mi walk (forgot the extra leg to boost to 3) and FAST! (FOR ME!). Round about 19:35/mi. Half of that comes from the half of the walk that’s back down the hills I’ve climbed. For somebody with chronic asthma (think, I have half the lungs that most of you do) and taking a necessary med that messes up cardio response while subtracting even more lung, that is not bad.
Still trying to figure out where the time to do strength training will come from...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that makes it easier I guess. The only thing which woukd make it easier for me to do would be if I could read a book while cycling, but I haven’t perfected the technique.
Audio books is the answer there.