Cbd Oil

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
........Now, to the question at hand ... does it help with my Diabetes? Good question. It has not affected my readings at all - so far. Next week I get my regular 3-month blood tests at the lab. Have made a note to come back and post my results :)
Well, Hb1Ac did not lower ... went up a bit from 6.5 to 6.7. No big deal, but a couple months of CBD Oil doesn't seem to have any noticeable overall affect. Morning reading is a bit lower today but that has many factors that could influence it (especially late night snacking). This morning bang on 6.0 compared to recent readings of 6.4 - 6.7.

Needs a longer-term tracking and analysis. Gotta love research on this topic :)

Regardless of the lack of impacting T2 test results, my chronic pain is reduced dramatically with CBD Oil.

Last edited:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I feel much better with CBD oil... when I do sleep, it’s a good sleep and no nightmares or sleep talking that I am aware of.

It keeps my mood level and considering my last 5 months stress I am very surprised about that.

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think it might lower blood sugars by calming the body down like better sleep,less stressful or anxietus,and helps with relaxing muscles (which ive herd from a few people.

Heather15792

I started CBD OIL (100% - zero THC) for osteo arthritis/chronic back pain seven weeks ago. It has helped me to relax and get a good night's sleep and definitely made moving more comfortable. Unlike opioids, no side effects so far.

I stopped it completely for five days last week (before a planned day surgery anesthesia yesterday). I was quite surprised by how much pain relief and muscle function was lost, after only one day without CBD. By the fifth day I was not a happy bunny and could hardly walk again:arghh: Wasn't craving it - just made aware of how much it had been helping. I restarted the CBD last night and know it will help me heal from this latest procedure.

it appears that everyone has a different requirement to both wake up the endo cannabinoid receptors and then find the optimal dose - start low and slow. I found a site called healer dot com which has free helpful videos about starting and dosing etc.

The CBD has reduced my appetite a little so may help to lose a bit of weight and improve HbA1c eventually. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: Grant1969

SammySommers

I have heard CBD oil is effective for joint pain and I am considering buying some. It seems to be very helpful amongst alot of arthritis sufferers.

Edited by mod to remove link.

Last edited by a moderator:

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes im on CBD OIL 20%
For a little anxiety caused by takeing Gliclazide.
Im still not 100% after stopping Gliclazide in aug 2018but alot better and i dont have many stomach cramps as much ...thank god

Reactions: masonbason63

kmwa

Dislikes
olives, stilton, salt, anti social behaviour, the wifes ex husband, oops, he's dead now.
Last edited by a moderator:

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is always a cheaper way IMO on anything.In Calif you can grow and use the plant legally,so if its your thing,IMO thats the best way.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is always a cheaper way IMO on anything.In Calif you can grow and use the plant legally,so if its your thing,IMO thats the best way.

1spuds, in UK low strength CBD oil is legal, however any other vriant of Cannabis remains illegal to possess, grow, distribute, sell or grow in the UK, according to the Home Office. Being caught with cannabis comes with a maximum of five years in prison, an unlimited fine, or both. While being convicted of producing and supplying the Class-B drug carries up to 14 years behind bars, an unlimited fine, or both.

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1spuds, in UK low strength CBD oil is legal, however any other vriant of Cannabis remains illegal to possess, grow, distribute, sell or grow in the UK, according to the Home Office. Being caught with cannabis comes with a maximum of five years in prison, an unlimited fine, or both. While being convicted of producing and supplying the Class-B drug carries up to 14 years behind bars, an unlimited fine, or both.
Understood.In the states the war on drugs for MJ is over in many states so for us,CBD and medical MJ finding a lot of favor.Hope your end gets with decriminalization too.

grahamwrite

I think it helps my diabetes (T2). I take 60mg daily and it does not effect my blood sugar negatively. To talk about supply, I use British CBD to get my oils as they are co2 extracted and provide all the necessary lab tests. I have tried the E-Liqudids but they are not for me.

what do you guys think have you tried any other companies? what experience have you had

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Something I have thought about trying for a while but not actually done it as yet

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm very interested too. Does anybody know if it has BG-lowering/regulating effects? I hear it tends to increase hunger, which in my case is not so good.
CBD Oil does not have any affect on the BG levels, but with consistent use has a positive affect on pain. I say "constant use" as it does need to build up over time. Unlike typical pain medications that take affect usually within an hour, CBD Oil action on pain is not noticed so quickly. When you do notice is when you stop taking it and the intensity of pain returns.

That said, CBD Oil with THC content (like a 1:1 blend) has a more noticeable affect on pain and sedation but takes up to 4 hours to be absorbed and work. Caution, though, as THC affects people in different ways. The THC affect is for about 12 hours so no driving, no work that requires safety, and it will give you the munchies - and that will negatively affect your BG levels. If using CBD Oil with THC then plan to have Diabetes-friendly snacks available when the munchies crave hits and it will.

Again, CBD Oil by itself, or with THC, does not affect your BG levels. Since legalization in many places, a lot of research is still needed to study the various strains of marijuana, and its derivatives, as it has helped people with various ailments and inflictions (but not Diabetes).

I use CBD OIL during the day and occasionally CBD Oil with THC in the evening to help with my sleep (does that very well). Just remember the 12 hour rule if using with THC content. You could be caught driving impaired the next morning if taken too late at night.

BTW, you cannot overdose with plain CBD Oil, but be careful with the level of THC if using a CBD/THC blend as the psychoactive affect (known as a "high") increases with higher levels of THC.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CBD Oil does not have any affect on the BG levels, but with consistent use has a positive affect on pain. I say "constant use" as it does need to build up over time. Unlike typical pain medications that take affect usually within an hour, CBD Oil action on pain is not noticed so quickly. When you do notice is when you stop taking it and the intensity of pain returns.

That said, CBD Oil with THC content (like a 1:1 blend) has a more noticeable affect on pain and sedation but takes up to 4 hours to be absorbed and work. Caution, though, as THC affects people in different ways. The THC affect is for about 12 hours so no driving, no work that requires safety, and it will give you the munchies - and that will negatively affect your BG levels. If using CBD Oil with THC then plan to have Diabetes-friendly snacks available when the munchies crave hits and it will.

Again, CBD Oil by itself, or with THC, does not affect your BG levels. Since legalization in many places, a lot of research is still needed to study the various strains of marijuana, and its derivatives, as it has helped people with various ailments and inflictions (but not Diabetes).

I use CBD OIL during the day and occasionally CBD Oil with THC in the evening to help with my sleep (does that very well). Just remember the 12 hour rule if using with THC content. You could be caught driving impaired the next morning if taken too late at night.

BTW, you cannot overdose with plain CBD Oil, but be careful with the level of THC if using a CBD/THC blend as the psychoactive affect (known as a "high") increases with higher levels of THC.

THC-free CDB is legal in UK. Anything with THC must be at <0.2%, thereby making it pretty much useless for anyone seeking a "high".

I haven't every tried CBD, and for now, I can't say it holds any appeal.

https://www.cbdoil.co.uk/cbd-oil-laws-in-the-uk-what-you-need-to-know/

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
THC-free CDB is legal in UK. Anything with THC must be at <0.2%, thereby making it pretty much useless for anyone seeking a "high".

I haven't every tried CBD, and for now, I can't say it holds any appeal.

https://www.cbdoil.co.uk/cbd-oil-laws-in-the-uk-what-you-need-to-know/
Fortunately, I am located in Ontario Canada and it has been legal here for awhile now. I have been using medical cannabis (CBD Oil and CBD/THC Oil) for several years now for a 52 year old back and neck injury along with Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis. For those that don't like, or cannot tolerate , the actual "oil" (as liquid or in capsules) we now have edibles which makes it more palatable.

Caprock94

Recently started using CBD oil.....to early to say if its helping with my T2 diabetes however within 24 hours of use my muscle twitching/leg tremors have stopped !!!......if your going to purchase make sure it has an independent lab certification and look for an Co2 extraction method+organically sourced. :)

Nice! How long did you have the twitching prior to taking the CBD?

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I can recommend reading “cannabis is medicine” by dr Bonni Goldstein. - it’s somewhat technical but goes into many aspects of the topic in a scientific and practical way