1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cbd Oil

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by steveis36, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Bogie

Bogie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well, Hb1Ac did not lower ... went up a bit from 6.5 to 6.7. No big deal, but a couple months of CBD Oil doesn't seem to have any noticeable overall affect. Morning reading is a bit lower today but that has many factors that could influence it (especially late night snacking). This morning bang on 6.0 compared to recent readings of 6.4 - 6.7.

Needs a longer-term tracking and analysis. Gotta love research on this topic :)

Regardless of the lack of impacting T2 test results, my chronic pain is reduced dramatically with CBD Oil.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    #21 Bogie, Aug 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  2. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

I feel much better with CBD oil... when I do sleep, it’s a good sleep and no nightmares or sleep talking that I am aware of.

It keeps my mood level and considering my last 5 months stress I am very surprised about that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. steveis36

steveis36 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think it might lower blood sugars by calming the body down like better sleep,less stressful or anxietus,and helps with relaxing muscles (which ive herd from a few people.

4. Heather15792

Heather15792 · Newbie

I started CBD OIL (100% - zero THC) for osteo arthritis/chronic back pain seven weeks ago. It has helped me to relax and get a good night's sleep and definitely made moving more comfortable. Unlike opioids, no side effects so far.

I stopped it completely for five days last week (before a planned day surgery anesthesia yesterday). I was quite surprised by how much pain relief and muscle function was lost, after only one day without CBD. By the fifth day I was not a happy bunny and could hardly walk again:arghh: Wasn't craving it - just made aware of how much it had been helping. I restarted the CBD last night and know it will help me heal from this latest procedure.

it appears that everyone has a different requirement to both wake up the endo cannabinoid receptors and then find the optimal dose - start low and slow. I found a site called healer dot com which has free helpful videos about starting and dosing etc.

The CBD has reduced my appetite a little so may help to lose a bit of weight and improve HbA1c eventually. Fingers crossed!!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SammySommers

SammySommers · Member

I have heard CBD oil is effective for joint pain and I am considering buying some. It seems to be very helpful amongst alot of arthritis sufferers.

Edited by mod to remove link.

#25 SammySommers, Dec 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
  6. steveis36

steveis36 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes im on CBD OIL 20%
    For a little anxiety caused by takeing Gliclazide.
    Im still not 100% after stopping Gliclazide in aug 2018but alot better and i dont have many stomach cramps as much ...thank god

• Like Like x 1
  7. Divinebeing

Divinebeing · Newbie

Hello! Does anybody know where can I buy a high-quality product?

8. lucy67

lucy67 Type 1 · Member

I get mine from Holland and Barrett, not cheap.

9. kmwa

kmwa · Member

Wow, it's really expensive on their website.
    Edited by mod

#29 kmwa, Mar 28, 2019 at 3:51 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
  10. 1spuds

1spuds Type 2 · Well-Known Member

There is always a cheaper way IMO on anything.In Calif you can grow and use the plant legally,so if its your thing,IMO thats the best way.

11. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

1spuds, in UK low strength CBD oil is legal, however any other vriant of Cannabis remains illegal to possess, grow, distribute, sell or grow in the UK, according to the Home Office. Being caught with cannabis comes with a maximum of five years in prison, an unlimited fine, or both. While being convicted of producing and supplying the Class-B drug carries up to 14 years behind bars, an unlimited fine, or both.

12. 1spuds

1spuds Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Understood.In the states the war on drugs for MJ is over in many states so for us,CBD and medical MJ finding a lot of favor.Hope your end gets with decriminalization too.

13. grahamwrite

grahamwrite · Newbie

I think it helps my diabetes (T2). I take 60mg daily and it does not effect my blood sugar negatively. To talk about supply, I use British CBD to get my oils as they are co2 extracted and provide all the necessary lab tests. I have tried the E-Liqudids but they are not for me.

what do you guys think have you tried any other companies? what experience have you had

14. grahamwrite

grahamwrite · Newbie

I buy my cbd oil from British CBD their oils are well tested and really help me. what companies have you tried?

15. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Something I have thought about trying for a while but not actually done it as yet

16. Bogie

CBD Oil does not have any affect on the BG levels, but with consistent use has a positive affect on pain. I say "constant use" as it does need to build up over time. Unlike typical pain medications that take affect usually within an hour, CBD Oil action on pain is not noticed so quickly. When you do notice is when you stop taking it and the intensity of pain returns.

That said, CBD Oil with THC content (like a 1:1 blend) has a more noticeable affect on pain and sedation but takes up to 4 hours to be absorbed and work. Caution, though, as THC affects people in different ways. The THC affect is for about 12 hours so no driving, no work that requires safety, and it will give you the munchies - and that will negatively affect your BG levels. If using CBD Oil with THC then plan to have Diabetes-friendly snacks available when the munchies crave hits and it will.

Again, CBD Oil by itself, or with THC, does not affect your BG levels. Since legalization in many places, a lot of research is still needed to study the various strains of marijuana, and its derivatives, as it has helped people with various ailments and inflictions (but not Diabetes).

I use CBD OIL during the day and occasionally CBD Oil with THC in the evening to help with my sleep (does that very well). Just remember the 12 hour rule if using with THC content. You could be caught driving impaired the next morning if taken too late at night.

BTW, you cannot overdose with plain CBD Oil, but be careful with the level of THC if using a CBD/THC blend as the psychoactive affect (known as a "high") increases with higher levels of THC.

#36 Bogie, Nov 11, 2020 at 4:09 PM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  17. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

THC-free CDB is legal in UK. Anything with THC must be at <0.2%, thereby making it pretty much useless for anyone seeking a "high".

I haven't every tried CBD, and for now, I can't say it holds any appeal.

https://www.cbdoil.co.uk/cbd-oil-laws-in-the-uk-what-you-need-to-know/

18. Bogie

Fortunately, I am located in Ontario Canada and it has been legal here for awhile now. I have been using medical cannabis (CBD Oil and CBD/THC Oil) for several years now for a 52 year old back and neck injury along with Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis. For those that don't like, or cannot tolerate , the actual "oil" (as liquid or in capsules) we now have edibles which makes it more palatable.

19. Caprock94

Caprock94 · Well-Known Member

Nice! How long did you have the twitching prior to taking the CBD?

20. OrsonKartt

OrsonKartt Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I can recommend reading “cannabis is medicine” by dr Bonni Goldstein. - it’s somewhat technical but goes into many aspects of the topic in a scientific and practical way

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook