F1 Chat.

Craig1978

Anyone on here follow Formula 1? I am an absolute addict, and watch as much as I can.

Austrailia showed the Mercedes dominance, but what does the rest of the season hold?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
hello Craig, MrSlim is an addict and i watch as well. Think its going to be exciting this year

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
Oh heck yes. I will be well more active on here if we get an f1 forum going. Was (am) a huge Alonso fan so seeking a new fave. Hoping for anyone but Lewis this season though purely to spice it up. I hate when one team/person dominates anything, even when it is my own. I would love if Bottas could maintain the attitude he has shown so far and march on as a contender but I doubt it. Still think Max is terrifying.

Reactions: Craig1978

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a fan but it's being squeezed off terrestrial TV gradually. Im too 'careful' to pay more than I do already. I'm looking forward to seeing how the crop of youngsters develop, in particular leclerc v vettel.

Sent from my TA-1020 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Craig1978

Oh heck yes. I will be well more active on here if we get an f1 forum going. Was (am) a huge Alonso fan so seeking a new fave. Hoping for anyone but Lewis this season though purely to spice it up. I hate when one team/person dominates anything, even when it is my own. I would love if Bottas could maintain the attitude he has shown so far and march on as a contender but I doubt it. Still think Max is terrifying.

Well let's do it then! lol I get that about Lewis, but you can't deny his talent. Certainly, Bottas has the talent too to trouble Lewis. I've been fortunate enough to have gone to the British GP twice and you don't apprieciate what's involved until you see it up close.

Bahrain this weekend, and it looks like Ferrari have picked up the pace in free practice. Still think Mercedes sandbag a little in practice then unleash in qualifying. Will be interesting to see tomorrow who gets pole!

Craig1978

I'm a fan but it's being squeezed off terrestrial TV gradually. Im too 'careful' to pay more than I do already. I'm looking forward to seeing how the crop of youngsters develop, in particular leclerc v vettel.

Sent from my TA-1020 using DCUK Forum mobile app

I would love to see Leclerc challenge Vettel, not that I have anything against him, but he has been the No1 in a team too often and it would be good to see that change.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would love to see Leclerc challenge Vettel, not that I have anything against him, but he has been the No1 in a team too often and it would be good to see that change.
I don't wish to burst your optimism bubble here but Ferrari are already running with Vettel as their preferred driver in 2019. The official line is that Leclerc needs to gain experience in a front running team this season. edit: Source

As they have openly declared this (and demonstrated once already in Australia) I doubt he will get many favours come his way and expect more of the same shenanigans Raikonnen had to put up with the last few years. I'll be smiling though if he can manage to get on top of Vettel here and there.

Craig1978

So, Leclerc is on pole for Bahrain, let's just hope that Ferrari let him race, which at this stage of the season they should.

Mercedes picked up the pace in qualifying, so were not too far behind - it's got all the making of a great race!

Tvfm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow! What a day of upsets and dramas in motorsport yesterday. Evans loosing Wrc corsica on the Last stage, and then the cracking F1 race! If u ain't seen it it's well worth a watch!

Reactions: Craig1978

Craig1978

Wow! What a day of upsets and dramas in motorsport yesterday. Evans loosing Wrc corsica on the Last stage, and then the cracking F1 race! If u ain't seen it it's well worth a watch!

It was a great race, and you have to feel a little sorry for Leclerc, ahead all weekend, then let down with mechanical issues.

It also looks like the extra point for fastest lap is going to make things interesting too towards the end of the season!

Tvfm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's was such a shame for lecrerc that's for sure. Looks like it's shaping up to be a hell of a season

Craig1978

Another great Qualifying for the Mercedes in China. Bottas unlucky not to get pole. The Ferrari's were off the pace a little, and Verstappen was in the mix too.

China is so hard on tyres, so it's shaping up for another great race.

Tvfm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, what a yawn fest. I was so looking forward to it and it was dull as dishwater.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At least Kimi is still good to watch now he's in the midfield pack. Points from every race so far.

China can be a bit marmite. Last year was a much better event.

It's not even worth delving into the front pack right now. Mercedes have a whole beach worth of sandbags and Ferrari are too busy royally screwing up their own strategy to win anything.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
I still think Max is a horror show. I thought he might have attempted to grow the &*$% up by now but...no.

sigh.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
I've been a great fan of F1 since Stirling Moss and Mike Hawthorn were duelling for the championship. When I worked in Germany I went down to Hockenheim to watch the Formula 2 warm up, but as I had to work at 3.30 pm I was obligated to leave part way through the morning. When I got to work I was told that Jim Clark had been killed in his Lotus and I was totally shattered.
Later I was a fan of Michael Schumacher, as was my wife, and I used to be ceaselessly amazed at his gifts, not just behind the wheel, but in building a winning team from a group that was virtually moribund.
Now though, I've given up watching as F1 is now no longer racing. This season so far we have had Race 1: Mercedes 1,2; Race 2: Mercedes 1,2; Race 3: Mercedes 1,2. You can't call these events races any more, they're more like parades or a series of concourses d'elegances. They're boring and predictable. Add to the mix that Hamilton wins most of the time, a driver I find immature and temperamental. I remember when he was driving for McClaren and had broken up with his girlfriend and was drifting around the paddock like a spoilt child - and driving abysmally. And this was a "professional"? Then there was the time a couple of years ago when he was slower in the race than his teammate Rosberg and was told by the team to move over to let Rosberg, the championship leader through. "I'm not moving over for him," he said in a sulky voice. And refused. Then a couple of races ago Bottas was told to move over for Hamilton, which he duly did and Hamilton went straight past. Hypocrite or what?

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@BillB I think you are hugely underestimating how much LH has matured and grown up over the last few years.

I don’t understand the “hate” that gets directed Hamilton’s way, especially as he’s a British champion. He comes from a working class background, and everything he’s achieved is on merit due to his talent. Yes McLaren gave him a huge leg up into F1 but they wouldn’t have done so if they didn’t think he was worth the investment. He didn’t get into F1 due to his family name, or with a huge amount of family money behind him. It was all on talent and he has certainly repaid the faith put in that talent.

IMHO he is now the perfect F1 driver who gets the maximum from his talent and his machinery.

MV behaves in a similar way today, and hopefully will mature one day so he can achieve the success his talent warrants.

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Sorry, BP, but I don't find him mature at all. Remember at the beginning of his career in F1 with McClaren how the publicity went into overdrive, telling us that his father had worked 55 jobs simultaneously to help him get into karting and thus kickstart his career. There was Daddy Hamilton in the pits every race until suddenly he wasn't. They'd had a falling out. Then we saw Mummy Hamilton in the pits, even though they were supposed to be estranged. Then suddenly she wasn't in the pits any more. And I haven't seen anything so far to prove me wrong.
And I'm not British so I don't feel that I have to slavishly worship a "British" champion. Sorry about that, but that's the way it is. And at the age of 34 he should have matured long ago.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
@BillB I think you are hugely underestimating how much LH has matured and grown up over the last few years.

I don’t understand the “hate” that gets directed Hamilton’s way, especially as he’s a British champion. He comes from a working class background, and everything he’s achieved is on merit due to his talent. Yes McLaren gave him a huge leg up into F1 but they wouldn’t have done so if they didn’t think he was worth the investment. He didn’t get into F1 due to his family name, or with a huge amount of family money behind him. It was all on talent and he has certainly repaid the faith put in that talent.

IMHO he is now the perfect F1 driver who gets the maximum from his talent and his machinery.

MV behaves in a similar way today, and hopefully will mature one day so he can achieve the success his talent warrants.
He lied about where he was actually from.
Stevenage is hardly a slum but wasn't good enough for him to talk about for a few years.

He got sponsored my mclaren at a young age , 14, who took a stab in the dark on him like they do tens of other kids each years. They also appreciated the guts it took him to approach Ron Dennis at that same age.

Now he is a cocky little ...

Vettel was one I hated but at the end of each season he took his gongs and went home. Lewis thinks he is the next M Ali. Prancing around Hollywood and the rest of it. When anything goes wrong, it is the car's fault. Never him. Never another driver showing some skill.

He has become an infant and it is sad to see.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Gutted about what happened to Charles....again. Ferrari and pit-stops are the worst of friends. Been watching that n woe for years as a Massa and Alonso fan. However I am thrilled for Valterri. Last year was painful for him at this race. Good to see him get the W.