Amazing blood results today

I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in January. My HBA1C was 61. I had evidence of a fatty liver and my cholesterol had been high for years.

I originally took dietary advice from the practice nurse. I was advised the usual plate system with eating starchy carbohydrates such as she said, sweet potatoes. I did this for about a week and continued to feel unwell. It was then, that I turned to the forum on this site. Thankfully and I do say thank you to everyone who has advised me that I started a very low carbohydrate diet.

I have found foods that I like to eat that are low and sometimes practically no carbs and have cut out alcohol and have the occasional glass of red wine. Since January, I have lost nearly three stone in weight. However, I got my three month blood results back from my GP. It is absolutely amazing. My HBA1C is 39 mmol, my liver function tests are all normal as are all my usual blood results. My serum cholesterol level is now 5.9 mmol, from 9.1mmol in January. Triglycerides have gone down to normal and HDL is very good and the only one that is borderline high is the LDL but I have read that the HDL will help the LDL.

To say that I am happy is an understatement and now feel I can start to really live my life now and enjoy what I am eating like with the low carbs and I have a spring in my step again. Thank you people.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Fantastic. Really chuffed for you.

The evidence base just keeps growing and growing.

N=1 is rapidly becoming n=millions.

Reactions: lovinglife

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Another win for the low carbs, I couldn't be happier for you!

Reactions: yorkshirelad27

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a sterling result, well done You!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news and well done to you for taking control and ignoring the nurse!

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@yorkshirelad27
Were there any comments from the surgery about your fantastic results?
Congratulations and keep up the good work.

@yorkshirelad27
Were there any comments from the surgery about your fantastic results?
Congratulations and keep up the good work.

My gp saw me in the corridor when I went for my blood test last week and said I looked really well. When I see the practice nurse in May, I'll try and educate her on her outdated dietary advice lol. :):):)

Tracieann

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
really well done Yorkshirelad from a yorkshire lass ive been diagnosed a couple of months and lost over 20lbs low carbing i love the lower carb bread so much nutty and grainy i aim to lose another 8lbs then maintain my chol also dropped from 7.5 to 6.1when last checked i ignore nurse advice re carbs too well done again be proud i was 51 on diagnosis wonder what i will be in june

really well done Yorkshirelad from a yorkshire lass ive been diagnosed a couple of months and lost over 20lbs low carbing i love the lower carb bread so much nutty and grainy i aim to lose another 8lbs then maintain my chol also dropped from 7.5 to 6.1when last checked i ignore nurse advice re carbs too well done again be proud i was 51 on diagnosis wonder what i will be in june

Well done, isn't it great when you can eat well and be healthy. What annoys me is why they are dishing out the advice from the NHS. As a former nurse I would expect them to use research based advice and surely the testaments on this forum on how well ketogenic and low carb diets have worked would be evidence enough. Good luck on the blood test.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news! Keep up the good work!