Type 1.5 Does Does have/use the dexcom?

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry that dint type out what I'm asking. Does anyone here have and use dexcom testing kit

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Saeeda I am using the Dexcom G6, it costs £159 a month, you sign up to a contract and are sent supplies each month, I apply it to my tum and insert a transmitter which pings readings every 5 mins into my phone, I have alerts set up for high and low episodes so get a fairly loud alarm if going low, you can share it with other people too so someone else can be alerted. I was using the Libre but frustrated with its inaccurate readings and the fact I wasn't being alerted during the night if I went low or high. This morning I was alerted to going high at 15.5mmol//l at 4.30am and am now sat at 6.7 as I could pump more insulin in, I couldn't do without it now.

Reactions: Saeeda

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Thanks for that reply Juicyj

No worries are you thinking of getting it ? You can use the Libre with the Miao Miao for alerts, just depends what your looking for.

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes Juicj I am. But ive bin told by a couple of family members that they got it free on the NHS. Their diabetes nurse agreed to them having one. I'm wondering if I'd liable. It be great if I am!