LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you so much Mel dCP this is so good to hear. I’m sure you must have gone through that feeling of desperation and why? The pain is immense when it flares. I must admit that mine spikes a lot as you say that you have maintained. Did you have an MRI scan or alike?
I’m so pleased to hear that it is a possibility for me now. Guess I have to work even harder at these sugars

Many many thanks for replying to me x
I did have an MRI scan, yes. I was literally sat in the chair waiting for a permanent nerve blocker when we decided at the last moment that the slight improvement I’d had was worth watching for a few weeks. Then my team and I decided that the risks just weren’t worth it, and it’s just got better and better. It’s been weeks since I last noticed it. At its peak I was considering ending it.

Some of my T1 buddies think my management regime is too full on and that I deny myself too much- very low carb and correcting in the sixes, but I daren’t risk the TN coming back.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for sharing as your success story with keto and type 1 plus good tech is inspirational. I am just re reading Dr Bernstein in the hope that I can nail my own control (am struggling after 2 bugs really spiked me for weeks at a time). It is too late for my eyes (now partially sighted) but still a lot of vital organs left to protect from the ravages of wobbly sugars!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I did have an MRI scan, yes. I was literally sat in the chair waiting for a permanent nerve blocker when we decided at the last moment that the slight improvement I’d had was worth watching for a few weeks. Then my team and I decided that the risks just weren’t worth it, and it’s just got better and better. It’s been weeks since I last noticed it. At its peak I was considering ending it.

Some of my T1 buddies think my management regime is too full on and that I deny myself too much- very low carb and correcting in the sixes, but I daren’t risk the TN coming back.
I cannot understand how I only came across this today - maybe at one of those times when my laptop was an in-patient! Whatever, this is terrific news and a real inspiration for so many. Very happy for you!

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed