BG better at 4.4 or 4.8?

charlie000

Is there a big difference of fasting BG of 4.4 and 4.8?

What is considered the normal or best figure?

Not the range but an actual figure...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there a big difference of fasting BG of 4.4 and 4.8?

What is considered the normal or best figure?

Not the range but an actual figure...

Both pretty good and to be honest could well be the exact same reading allowing for meter variance.. i.e. 4.6 could show up as 4.4 or 4.8
I'd be very happy with either reading try to stay sub- 6 mmol/l at all times.

charlie000

Both pretty good and to be honest could well be the exact same reading allowing for meter variance.. i.e. 4.6 could show up as 4.4 or 4.8

My BG has been at 4.4 - 4.8 on the meter. Fasting has been either 4.4 or 4.8

2 hours after eating it’s been 4.6

3 hours after 4.4

Just trying to get an understanding

charlie000

What’s a normal non diabetic figure?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My BG has been at 4.4 - 4.8 on the meter. Fasting has been either 4.4 or 4.8

2 hours after eating it’s been 4.6

3 hours after 4.4

Just trying to get an understanding

All those are great results you have made huge improvements in a very short time. Well done and just keep on doing what you have been.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it says:
For the majority of healthy individuals, normal blood sugar levels are as follows:

Between 4.0 to 5.4 mmol/L (72 to 99 mg/dL) when fasting

Does that mean we should aim for 4.0 as much as possible?
FBG is notoriously hard to "control"
It took 6 months of low carbing and intermittent fasting before mine got anywhere near "normal" and my diagnosis HbA1c was "only" 87 mmol/m. If you are int the 4-5 range thats perfect. You're not taking any meds I think?

charlie000

It took 6 months of low carbing and intermittent fasting before mine got anywhere near "normal" and my diagnosis HbA1c was "only" 87 mmol/m. If you are int the 4-5 range thats perfect. You're not taking any meds I think?

No meds at all. Since LCHF haven’t even gone near my inhalers out of need just habit

But had to use an allergy pill after eating too much egg on LCHF.

charlie000

Is a Fasting BG more important than pre as post eating?

I will continue and get better.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I am absolutely clueless. Didn’t even know how A1C works until 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: gillytee31

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m always happy if fasting is lower than 5.5, and like @bulkbiker , I like all other readings to be below 6 although it is rare that I see readings above 5.5 these days. Your numbers look excellent!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is a Fasting BG more important than pre as post eating?

I will continue and get better.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I am absolutely clueless. Didn’t even know how A1C works until 2 weeks ago.
Ask away no problem..
FBG is just there, it is what it is, and although some people have come up with some ideas on how to control it I'm not convinced that they are especially effective for everyone. I record it but tend not to stress about it.
Pre and 2 hour post meal readings are great for assessing what foods help and which hinder progress so in the early days are worth measuring. As you get used to eating low carb then your usual meals will require less testing providing carbs don't start to slip in...

charlie000

Ask away no problem..
FBG is just there, it is what it is, and although some people have come up with some ideas on how to control it I'm not convinced that they are especially effective for everyone. I record it but tend not to stress about it.
Pre and 2 hour post meal readings are great for assessing what foods help and which hinder progress so in the early days are worth measuring. As you get used to eating low carb then your usual meals will require less testing providing carbs don't start to slip in...

One issue I have is family and friends telling my to get that breakfast in. I’m mad if I don’t. Same with cream.

I’ve never been the one to tell anyone how to eat. I did tell a friend once on a meal out that her mock fail was just a sugar fix, she went ms because I kept saying it lol...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am saving all my logs of BG since March. Will post when I go for my A1C
I record all my readings in MySugr app. It gives an estimated HbA1c once you have input enough data. It is only an estimate and does differ slightly from my official HbA1c, but is a good guide if my level is trending up or down.

charlie000

I record all my readings in MySugr app. It gives an estimated HbA1c once you have input enough data. It is only an estimate and does differ slightly from my official HbA1c, but is a good guide if my level is trending up or down.

Yes that’s what I’m using

Reactions: Rachox

charlie000

How accurate is the A1C on there?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have anything at all in morning
Start the day with a mug of tea with full fat lactofree milk (fewer carbs) then move onto a pot of coffee with double cream (just having my first one of those.. 2 mugs per pot 1 tablespoon of cream in each). That lasts me until early afternoon when I might eat something if hungry ...if not just have dinner.